Oooo! Computer based MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taco

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An MCAT is being offered on computer in my city. I read the differences between the paper-and-pencil MCAT and the computer based MCAT on the AAMC website and now I'd like to know if any of you guys had actually taken the computer MCAT or know someone who had and what their thoughts about it were.

Members don't see this ad.

There is an MCAT subforum, which is the appropriate place to post this.

I took the CBT MCAT and it was a great experience. I was out by the early afternoon, I could take breaks or not at my own convenience, and didn't have to hand write the essays. I highly recommend it. Make sure to take your practice tests online instead of on paper if you plan to go this route.

jrdnbenjamin said:
I took the CBT MCAT and it was a great experience. I was out by the early afternoon, I could take breaks or not at my own convenience, and didn't have to hand write the essays. I highly recommend it. Make sure to take your practice tests online instead of on paper if you plan to go this route.

I second that. BTW, there have been numerous threads about CBT experiences, do a search.

Is it possible to choose to take the CBT version of the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad :)
Belfagor said:
Is it possible to choose to take the CBT version of the MCAT?

Yeah.. it is possible to do so. All you need to do is to choose the register option being computer base, and not the paper base. When a person goes for a registration, he/she chooses the computer based option before registration.
Link to the MCAT registration: http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/registration.htm

There are definitely advantages to both ways, paper the familiarity but then they have to read my awful handwriting... for me I think what it will come down to is the way I prep. If I can find somewhere to print out 70 page practice tests for free, because I am too cheap for Kinko's, then paper test it is.

Is it possible to take practice tests in the online time format? I'll be using EK to study.