Oct 2, 2005
the old rickhouse
Status
Attending Physician
:rofl:

Feb 27, 2010
Status
Attending Physician
I ask the question over and over again. Why do people trust government? At least in the real world with profit motive and competition, a poorly performing business will go out of business. With government, a poorly performing government program will be made even more poorly performing by subsidies and expansion.

Blue Dog

Fides et ratio.
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jan 21, 2006
Status
Attending Physician
I ask the question over and over again. Why do people trust government? At least in the real world with profit motive and competition, a poorly performing business will go out of business. With government, a poorly performing government program will be made even more poorly performing by subsidies and expansion.
Plus, businesses can't print their own money.

carlosc1dbz

10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2007
Southern California
Status
Attending Physician
Legitimate businesses can't print their own money.

There's nothing legitimate about Congress. Especially not this one.
Its hopeless, there are too m any uneducated people in this country. At least it seems that way. How can we explain that social programs seem good, but they cost too much and devalue our paper money even more, since we dont even have a gold standard anymore. Its an uphill battle, or maybe just a wall.

lowbudget

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
Status
You can't trust the profit motive to take care of customers who can't pay.