Oops! Congress Accidently Kills Own Health Plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
They'll correct this right away for sure.

Watching congress try to fix healthcare is like watching a bunch of five-year-olds try to fly a plane by randomly flipping switches in the cockpit.

I ask the question over and over again. Why do people trust government? At least in the real world with profit motive and competition, a poorly performing business will go out of business. With government, a poorly performing government program will be made even more poorly performing by subsidies and expansion.

I ask the question over and over again. Why do people trust government? At least in the real world with profit motive and competition, a poorly performing business will go out of business. With government, a poorly performing government program will be made even more poorly performing by subsidies and expansion.

Plus, businesses can't print their own money.

Legitimate businesses can't print their own money.

There's nothing legitimate about Congress. Especially not this one.

Its hopeless, there are too m any uneducated people in this country. At least it seems that way. How can we explain that social programs seem good, but they cost too much and devalue our paper money even more, since we dont even have a gold standard anymore. Its an uphill battle, or maybe just a wall.

You can't trust the profit motive to take care of customers who can't pay.