oops...I just spilled beer on my AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racergirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
No, seriously! I really did--I spilled beer all over the damn thing. I was just about to put the printout in an envelope to a Med School, and now it's soaked in booze. Maybe I should just send it anyway! Hey, won't it make me stand out? Make me seem well-rounded? And as an added bonus, if I make it to the interview, they'll be impressed if I can just stand up and walk a straight line!

hmmm...the beer made the paper sorta yellow, though. Kinda looks like I peed on it--what kind of message would THAT send?

Members don't see this ad.

at least it wasn't on one of your secondaries. i get a little paranoid when i first recieve them, cause i always seem to ruin at least one or two copies with my typewriter.

as far as sending it in . . . it would probably give somebody a laugh. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
it would take some serious balls to submit a beer-soaked medical school application.

i give you mad props if you actually do it. ;)

How could you spill your beer?
I don't really think I want you to be a doctor if you spill your beer!!!

Jeez, I want my doctor to be able to hold his/her beer in one hand and operate on me with the other!
Come on...get your skillz down before you apply to med school! You sure as hell won't be my doctor!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

...as long as you aren't applying to Loma Linda...
-watto

I spilled beer on my thank you card to the UIC adcom last week. It was sitting in the envelope, all ready to be sent (the stamp was even on) when used a little too much force in putting my bottle of Miller down on the table it was on. The beer rose up and over the top of the bottle, all over the card.

I say send it in!

I can't believe you guys-- Think of more vital things in life! Screw the secondary... IS THE BEER OK? :D

Party foul!!! Bummer, I hope the beer makes it.
:D

The beer is indeed OK. Well it was OK--now it's in my tummy.

Just got back from having a beer at my local tavern - needless to say, I did not bring my AMCAS application with me. Nor did I spill any more beer. So all is well in the world.

Originally posted by rxfudd:
•Just got back from having a beer at my local tavern - needless to say, I did not bring my AMCAS application with me. Nor did I spill any more beer. So all is well in the world.•

:eek: You should always take your AMCAS with you to the local tavern. Come on fudd! Get with the program!

Andrew