OOS applying to texas through TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darknightzzz

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello i have searched the entire forum but couldnt find info regarding this

1. ill apply to texas dental school through TMDSAS, can someone who know walk me through what needs to be done after submission of TMDSAS?

online they say go find and submit secondary for all school
after submission of TMDSAS

yet some say you can apply through AADAS but have to submit extra paper work for the school AND then secondary

plz help im super confused

Members don't see this ad.

Hello i have searched the entire forum but couldnt find info regarding this

1. ill apply to texas dental school through TMDSAS, can someone who know walk me through what needs to be done after submission of TMDSAS?

online they say go find and submit secondary for all school
after submission of TMDSAS

yet some say you can apply through AADAS but have to submit extra paper work for the school AND then secondary

plz help im super confused
You can just apply through AADSAS, it'd probably be easier (wouldn't need to re-enter grades, order more transcripts, etc.). Is there a specific reason you want to use TMDSAS?

Baylor is the only TX school that requires a secondary as far as I know. Info on how to complete it can be found here: http://www.bcd.tamhsc.edu/admissions/applications.html
Scroll to the section for OOS applicants.

You can just apply through AADSAS, it'd probably be easier (wouldn't need to re-enter grades, order more transcripts, etc.). Is there a specific reason you want to use TMDSAS?

Baylor is the only TX school that requires a secondary as far as I know. Info on how to complete it can be found here: http://www.bcd.tamhsc.edu/admissions/applications.html
Scroll to the section for OOS applicants.

Thanks @strep mutans

i want to apply through TMDSAS because it only charge 150$ for the 3 schools. AADSAS charge (90$ per school) 270$ total?
anyways, I just want to take a crap shoot at SA and baylor.

So, I just apply to texas dental schools as usual through ADDSAS and complete Baylor's special primary app and secondary app immediately after my AADSAS app is complete and submitted then i am all set? SA will just require an application from AADSAS and nothing else?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
i want to apply through TMDSAS because it only charge 150$ for the 3 schools. AADSAS charge (90$ per school) 270$ total?
anyways, I just want to take a crap shoot at SA and baylor.
Well applying to Houston would very likely be a waste of money, so you're looking at $180 (90×2) through AADSAS vs $150 through TMDSAS. The need to order more transcripts could make up the difference depending on how many you have, how much they cost, etc.

So, I just apply to texas dental schools as usual through ADDSAS and complete Baylor's special primary app and secondary app immediately after my AADSAS app is complete and submitted then i am all set? SA will just require an application from AADSAS and nothing else?

Thank you
That is my understanding.

Well applying to Houston would very likely be a waste of money, so you're looking at $180 (90×2) through AADSAS vs $150 through TMDSAS. The need to order more transcripts could make up the difference depending on how many you have, how much they cost, etc.

That is my understanding.

thank you so much bro ;) I greatly appreciate this. Yep, first I thought 150$ for 3 schools but when I find out about houston. ok I guess I will ditch in 180$ for 2 extra schools since no secondaries.

Do you happen to know if dental school waive secondary app fee if you receive financial aid during your undergrad?

Are you saying that OOS applicants have a fighting chance @ the other two Texas schools ?

lol baylor i cannot say, san antonio interview about 15 OOS and accept 9 OOS. soooo crap shoot it :)

Reactions: 1 user
Are you saying that OOS applicants have a fighting chance @ the other two Texas schools ?
Lol well SA and Baylor do accept a handful of OOS applicants, whereas Houston may only accept 1 each year (if that), and I would guess that person was from TX but had to move recently or something so technically wasn't a resident but wanted to live and die in TX.

I'm not going to tell OP not to apply to TX schools... I'm assuming he knows the probability of acceptance is very low, and I'm not an adcom.

I'm saying OOS applicants have a snowball's chance in Texas. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
Lol well SA and Baylor do accept a handful of OOS applicants, whereas Houston may only accept 1 each year (if that), and I would guess that person was from TX but had to move recently or something so technically wasn't a resident but wanted to live and die in TX.

I'm not going to tell OP not to apply to TX schools... I'm assuming he knows the probability of acceptance is very low, and I'm not an adcom.

I'm saying OOS applicants have a snowball's chance in Texas. ;)

yep i know. idk if mentioning along the line would be helpful

i have two short-distant cousins that I hang out with when i was small up to 7 8th grade and b4 i immigrated to america, then they all now live in houston texas. The bond between us is strong. I want to reside and practice in texas so I can hang out with them more.

yep i know. idk if mentioning along the line would be helpful

i have two short-distant cousins that I hang out with when i was small up to 7 8th grade and b4 i immigrated to america, then they all now live in houston texas. The bond between us is strong. I want to reside and practice in texas so I can hang out with them more.

Go for it, your chances are better than winning the lottery, especially if your stats are good. Only thing you got to lose is like $150 for potential gain of 100k+.

Go for it, your chances are better than winning the lottery, especially if your stats are good. Only thing you got to lose is like $150 for potential gain of 100k+.

are you serious or mocking? lol cuz of the lottery comparison.