OOS friendly low-mid tier medical colleges list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What schools are good low to mid tier schools that are known for interviewing and accepting quickly? Any that are very out of state friendly (I assume private)?

Based upon my knowledge:

Drexel
Penn State
Loyola Stritch
Tulane
New York Medical College
Michigan State University
Rosalind Franklin

I want to prioritize my secondary applications and get an acceptance early. Then I can focus on the reach schools.

Members don't see this ad.

What schools are good low to mid tier schools that are known for interviewing and accepting quickly? Any that are very out of state friendly (I assume private)?

Based upon my knowledge:

Drexel
Penn State
Loyola Stritch
Tulane
New York Medical College
Rosalind Franklin

I want to prioritize my secondary applications and get an acceptance early. Then I can focus on the reach schools.

That is an absolutely terrible list!

Ok I concede that I only said that because I am applying to some of those as well. :p

Based upon my knowledge:

Drexel
Penn State
Loyola Stritch
Tulane
New York Medical College
Rosalind Franklin

I can't comment on most of those schools, since the only one I applied to was Loyola. So I'll mostly comment on it!

I agree that Loyola is generally considered a mid-tier school, but it is one of the slower/slowest schools to interview. They only interview a handful of applicants per day, and while they accept a large percentage of those they interview (about 50%), they interview a rather low percentage of those who apply (about 5%). I applied for fall 2008 and was never invited for an interview, but I was invited to interview in Feb. for fall 2009 (and was accepted :))

Loyola had over 10,000 applications when I applied for 2009, and of those they interviewed approx 500. If you're really interested in the school, make sure to take your time on their secondary application--it's long, but it's a wonderful chance to show them you want to go there.

As far as OOS vs. in-state preference, Loyola doesn't have one, though about 50-60% of the class is from Illinois/the Midwest, but this is because the bulk of their applicants are from IL/Midwestern states.

The only two other schools I know anything about are New York Medical and Rosalind Franklin, and as far as I know they are private schools that don't have a preference for in-state/OOS. But I don't know if they are known for interviewing early and accepting quickly.

FYI, Loyola is a Jesuit (Catholic) school, and New York Medical is a Catholic instituation (but no affiliation with a particular order, such as the Jesuits). Of course, they are very open minded. Also, New York Medical is merging with Tuoro, I believe. I don't know if that's good or bad--there are probably a few threads about that.

Anyway, if you like the Jesuit philosophy, take a look at Creighton and Saint Louis University, which are in the same bracket as Loyola.

Maybe Albany Medical College? I don't know how quick they are though, but it's about on the same level of the schools you listed.