OOS friendly schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyanideDN

5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have narrowed my list down to 41 schools (OOS and in state) and would like to trim some OOS schools off my list.

Since I'm from California, I can't count on my state schools and will need to apply broadly out of state. I have listed a bunch of OOS schools that I would consider going to if accepted. Is there a school on the list that isn't OOS friendly so I can cross it off my list? Thanks!

GWU
Rush
Drexel
NYMC
Tulane
Howard
Meharry
GWU
U of Colorado
Georgetown
U of Miami
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
U of Maryland
Boston
Tufts
St. Louis U
Creighton
Albany
Einstein
SUNY Upstate
Wake Forest
U of Cincinnati
Jefferson
Penn State
Temple
MC Wisconsin
OHSU
U at Buffalo
U of Wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth
EVMS

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
One that jumps off the screen: Colorado. Not OOS friendly at all and extremely high OOS tuition.

Others have said that for non-URMS, Howard and Meharry are a wasted app fee...

Maryland is probably a waste of $, too...very low OOS...thinking the same is true for Wisconsin...

VCU, Jefferson, and GWU. Most OOS friendly ppl ever.

Members don't see this ad :)
Your numbers fairly typical for accepted applicants to Creighton, St. Louis U., and Medical College of Wisconsin. Be sure to apply to these schools.
You are probably wasting your money applying to OHSU, Maryland, Rush, and Colorado. Not so hot on EVMS, Cincinnati, or Wisconsin.
The rest are reasonable if you have the time and $.

Your numbers fairly typical for accepted applicants to Creighton, St. Louis U., and Medical College of Wisconsin. Be sure to apply to these schools.
You are probably wasting your money applying to OHSU, Maryland, Rush, and Colorado. Not so hot on EVMS, Cincinnati, or Wisconsin.
The rest are reasonable if you have the time and $.

Ok, so I have crossed off Colorado, Rush, Maryland, OHSU, Wisconsin, EVMC.

University of Cincinnati accepts 43 non-nonresidents out of 158 total matriculants (for 2006-2007 according to MSAR). Isn't this somewhat OOS friendly?