OOS Texas School Applicants 2018-2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I came upon this thread after trying to find information on applying to Texas schools as an OOS applicant (who attended undergrad in Texas). Is it important to include in the TMDSAS 'optional' essay about wanting to serve in Texas since I'm OOS (will this help?)? If so, any tips on how I would include this without making that the entire essay? Thanks!

Hi! I came upon this thread after trying to find information on applying to Texas schools as an OOS applicant (who attended undergrad in Texas). Is it important to include in the TMDSAS 'optional' essay about wanting to serve in Texas since I'm OOS (will this help?)? If so, any tips on how I would include this without making that the entire essay? Thanks!
You will be better served to talk about wanting to return to Texas in your secondary essays for each school. “Ties to Texas” aren’t really a factor.
As you know , TX state-subsidized schools are limited to 10% OOS matriculants. OOS applicants who get in usually have high stats or a particular mission fit to a Texas region (El Paso, Lubbock, Rio Grande Valley, or with the new U of Houston school, East Texas).
TCU/UNTHSC does not have a limit of OOS and uses AMCAS. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user