op ka naam lurkey hah

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

masterMood

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
um my parents are pakistani and they know how to speak urdu

but there's a language barrier because i can understand all of urdu, but I can't speak it. what do I do?

btw, I am a high school student and do they offer an urdu course or something for me to take, because I want to speak my language

Members don't see this ad.

Hermit MMood said:

but there's a language barrier because i can understand all of urdu, but I can't speak it. what do I do?

btw, I am a high school student and do they offer an urdu course or something for me to take, because I want to speak my language

The title of this thread may make more sense in Klingon than Urdu :rolleyes: ...

jokes aside, Urdu is a great language. If you are serious about learning it, you should take a class which practically every Pakistani based mosque should offer :) .

Hermit MMood said:

What city do you live in? If you live in Chicago or New York/New Jersey, and maybe Houston you could find classes...
Otherwise, Hindi and Urdu spoken are basically the same thing... Rent some Indian movies and watch them and start repeating the lines, haha...
Actually, I 'm an Urdu speaker too... and I became fluent at about 18... but only because I went and lived in Hyderabad for 6 years... That's the only sure fire way to learn it fluently (go to India/Pakistan I mean)...