thedelicatessen

In Memory of Riley Jane
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 23, 2006
Status
Medical Student
When secondaries ask if you want to add additional essay information (e. g. SLU), how are people responding? I feel like it's a shame to leave that space empty, but honestly, I think I said everything I wanted to in my personal statement, etc. Thoughts?

ChymeChancellor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Mar 30, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
thedelicatessen said:
When secondaries ask if you want to add additional essay information (e. g. SLU), how are people responding? I feel like it's a shame to leave that space empty, but honestly, I think I said everything I wanted to in my personal statement, etc. Thoughts?
I too left that empty. I feel like those types of essays are more meant to explain something unusual in you application such as non-trad, etc. I didn't want to waste their time talking about some other random topic.

bretticus

NeuroIR fellow
10+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2006
Missouri
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
I agree - hope it doesn't hurt me. I feel like it wouldn't be optional if there was supposed to be something there. Or maybe they're just saying that when really it's expected. Hope not... :(

About the Ads

Hkoser

10+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2006
Tempe, AZ
Status
Pre-Medical
Other schools who wanted addition essays- even though you could choose the topic- made it clear it was a real essay. I wrote in SLU about the semester I had mono and nothing more. I think you're fine leaving it blank if there's nothing abnormal about your app.

PerpetualBurn

10+ Year Member
Jun 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
What about Dartmouth? Their prompt makes it seem as if they require the additional information essay to be completed. Would you say this is true? Did any of you complete this?

About the Ads