Open FM, IM, Prelim Med/Surg 2016 spots?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

aznmidget89

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are any FM, IM, IM-prelim, Surg prelim PGY1 spots available for 2016? Residentswap.org and the NRMP lists are not accurate and the listed programs are filled.

I am a graduating US allopathic student with a weak application on the test score front, but good LORs and clinical evals

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Preliminary Surgical PGY1 Residency Position (2)
Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA
Date Posted: March 22, 2016

March 2016 –Baystate Medical Center General Surgery Residency Program, Springfield, MA, has two openings for PGY-1 Preliminary resident positions to start in July 2016.
How To Apply
To apply, please e-mail the following documents to the Residency Program Coordinator, Joy Isotti, at [email protected] : - Current C.V. (must include updated e-mail, telephone and address contact information) - Personal Statement - Medical School Transcript with Dean’s Letter (MSPE) - USMLE Parts I, II scores - 3 Letters of Recommendation We will NOT review any application until complete. All items are required prior to any final decision to offer an invitation for interview. Applicants considered competitive for an interview (via telephone or in person) will be contacted by the Residency Program Coordinator, Joy Isotti. For questions, please e-mail Joy Isotti or Margarita Fuentes-Negron at [email protected].

Hey guys,

Does anyone know if there are any FM, IM, IM-prelim, Surg prelim PGY1 spots available for 2016? Residentswap.org and the NRMP lists are not accurate and the listed programs are filled.

I am a graduating US allopathic student with a weak application on the test score front, but good LORs and clinical evals

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

What did you apply in during the match process? One thing to consider would be delaying graduation so that you can try matching next year as a US senior rather than already graduated. This allows you to continue getting clinical experience.

If you aren't looking at surgery, I wouldn't take a surgery prelim spot. Even then, I'd consider a delay if your school would grant it so that you could have a shot at a categorical spot next year.

Reactions: 1 user