Open House - What to wear?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gailmarie95

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to two open houses for PT school next weekend and was wondering what should I wear? I do not want to be too dressy but I do not want to be super casual. There both in South Carolina so its gonna be hot and humid so I do not think pants are an option. I was thinking about going to get some twill shorts from old navy and wearing them with a nice top and sandals. Obviously making sure the shorts are an appropriate length. What do you guys think or suggest?

Members don't see this ad.

I went to a few open houses earlier this year, and my biggest suggestion would be to wear shoes comfortable to walk in. Every open house had a tour, and most PT programs want to show you multiple buildings (clinic, classrooms, library, gym, etc.). I don't remember anyone being extremely dressed up, but definitely don't wear anything too casual. As long as the shorts are an appropriate length, and the shoes are comfortable I think you're golden.

Did you enjoy MUSC? I am currently a first-year in the DPT program, and I was also one of the ambassadors at the information session. :)