open psychiatry residency positions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

psychalot

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm attempting to transfer from one specialty into Psychiatry and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or knows of a place to get started. I'm specifically wondering if there is a site that lists open positions or another online community or something along those lines. I'm currently in an internal medicine program with an advanced position in a different specialty, but I wouldn't mind repeating intern year if necessary. Thanks for the help.

For added info, I believe I would be a competitive applicant for a psychiatry with step 1-2 scores > 1 SD above the mean. prestige of programs is not something I'm necessarily interested in either.

Members don't see this ad.

I think the best idea is to call program directors in your area to find out. They may be privy to more information.

Date: December 5, 2013
Program: PsychiatryProgram year: PGY 2
Start date: July 01, 2014
Deadline: April 01, 2014
Institution: The Ohio State University Department of Psychiatry
City and State: Columbus, OH
Contact name/email: Joenna Cynkar joenna.cynkar@osumc.edu
Contact address: 1670 Upham Dr., Columbus, OH 43210
Prerequisites: Completion of an ACGME accredited PGY-1 is required. We are participating in the NRMP match for 1 advanced position (PGY 2) to start July 1, 2014 and are accepting applications through ERAS.
Comments: The goal of the program is to provide each resident with a comprehensive and individualized psychiatric educational experience that stimulates professional growth and integrity. We integrate core clinical rotations and a structured didactic curriculum that is dynamic and continuously updated to reflect the advancements in psychiatric knowledge and meet the challenges confronting today's psychiatric professional. Please visit our website for additional information about the residency program.