Opening a dental clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

melmu001

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it required to do residency after graduating from 4 years of dental school? After graduating from dental I want to open 4 different dental offices at the same time, so is it possible that can happen?

Members don't see this ad.

It is not possible in NY, as you will not have a license to practice dentistry until you complete an approved residency program. After successful completion of the residency, you can open as many practices as you want.

Members don't see this ad :)
After graduating from dental I want to open 4 different dental offices at the same time, so is it possible that can happen?

Good luck, Have Fun.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Is it required to do residency after graduating from 4 years of dental school? After graduating from dental I want to open 4 different dental offices at the same time, so is it possible that can happen?

New York and Deleware are the only two states I’m aware of that require a residency. It’s not the same as medicine where everyone is required to complete a residency.