Openings at Psych programs (Fall 07)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cosmo 23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FYI:
This was just forwarded to me from an APA listserve I'm on...lists openings for masters and phd programs...

Each year, the APA Education Directorate collects information from psychology departments and programs about openings available for the upcoming Fall semester. Students who are still seeking or interested in applying for openings available in various graduate programs can review the listings at the Education Directorate Web site at this link:
http://www.apa.org/ed/graduate/homepage.html
http://www.apa.org/ed/graduate/grad_open07.pdf

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know what the application procedure is like? There's one place on the list I'd like to apply for.

Thanks for the link.

Does anyone know what the application procedure is like? There's one place on the list I'd like to apply for.

Call the admissions secretary and I'm sure she'll help you out

Members don't see this ad :)
SUNY Albany rejected me and they still have 8 places open?!?! :cry:

:laugh: Yeah, there's a program on there that rejected me that indicates they have 4 spots open. I was about to go WTF?!? Then I realized that they have 4 slots to fill for their master's program. So all better now.

It's the dept of educational and counseling psych.

:laugh: Yeah, there's a program on there that rejected me that indicates they have 4 spots open. I was about to go WTF?!? Then I realized that they have 4 slots to fill for their master's program. So all better now.

Yes dear, I applied to their counseling psychology phd program. As a safety :D

Touche! Nononora, way to stick it to the Raynster!:laugh:

I just checked, making a lot of calls, and all the left over positions were filled by a sudden influx in the U.S. of Canadian sock puppets. How does it feel to be beat out by an immigrant sock with a face on it? How demoralizing! Rumor has it that Paramour maybe housing an illegal one - without papers. The school secretaries told me that their schools do not discriminate against anyone based on: race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or fabric.

Touche! Nononora, way to stick it to the Raynster!:laugh:

I just checked, making a lot of calls, and all the left over positions were filled by a sudden influx in the U.S. of Canadian sock puppets. How does it feel to be beat out by an immigrant sock with a face on it? How demoralizing! Rumor has it that Paramour maybe housing an illegal one - without papers. The school secretaries told me that their schools do not discriminate against anyone based on: race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or fabric.

:laugh: Y'know what's amusing about this is that the illegal sock puppet's owner calls it his 3-eyed alien.

Demoralizing indeed, till I saw this.

bunny_2_1.jpg

:laugh: I'm taking a break from these sock creatures 'cause my hands hurt so much from poking them with the damn needles. When I get back from Phoenix I'm gonna make GiantSteps his radical behaviourist sock and then the sock fairy is going on hiatus.

I finished CheetahGirl's sock a couple of weeks ago but I've been trying to make bowties since then. Do you know how goddamn hard it is to make a bowtie for a sock creature? Sheesh. She's probably wondering where the heck her sock is. :laugh:

I finished CheetahGirl's sock a couple of weeks ago but I've been trying to make bowties since then. Do you know how goddamn hard it is to make a bowtie for a sock creature? Sheesh. She's probably wondering where the heck her sock is. :laugh:

I'm not wondering...just hoping it's not too good to be true! Thanks for remembering!;)

I've taken a hiatus from SND, but I"ll be lurking around. My waitlists didn't materialize into acceptances, and I decided to withdraw consideration from one of my schools. Now, I'm going to reapply next year, and dive-in head first to programs that I would most likely "accept" an acceptance. Going thru this process made me realize that I know what I want and I want it badly enough to do it again. Geez! :beat:

I just checked, making a lot of calls, and all the left over positions were filled by a sudden influx in the U.S. of Canadian sock puppets. The school secretaries told me that their schools do not discriminate against anyone based on: race, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or fabric.

...I was wondering if the Canadian sock pockets really filled all the spots or whether they are just waitlisted?