ophthalmic optics textbook recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

r_salis

SDN Supa-Mod Emmetrope
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not lovin' Fanin and Grosvenor's "Clinical Optics" -- can anyone recommend a better textbook on ophthalmic optics/dispensing?

Members don't see this ad.

r_salis said:
I'm not lovin' Fanin and Grosvenor's "Clinical Optics" -- can anyone recommend a better textbook on ophthalmic optics/dispensing?

System for Ophthalmic Dispensing By Clifford Brooks and Borish.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've found Schwartz's "Geometrical and Visual Optics" a great overview, and Bennet and Rabbet's "Clinical Visual Optics" a decent in-depth presentation. Before buying anything though, I like to ransack the local libraries to see what's good.

Loncifer said:
I've found Schwartz's "Geometrical and Visual Optics" a great overview, and Bennet and Rabbet's "Clinical Visual Optics" a decent in-depth presentation. Before buying anything though, I like to ransack the local libraries to see what's good.

Loncifer, These books that you listed are Visual Optics books not OO/dispensing books. I do agree that these are great books for Visual Optics, Mono, and Bino vision and great for boards.

parazoa said:
Loncifer, These books that you listed are Visual Optics books not OO/dispensing books. I do agree that these are great books for Visual Optics, Mono, and Bino vision and great for boards.

parazoa,
My bad. Thanks for the correction.