Ophthalmology: A bad big brother.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PBEA

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
"This from a reliable source: A group of ophthalmologists and optometrists gather for a meeting in a southwest state to discuss legislative issues. One of the ophthalmologists sums up how his group feels about optometry by sharing a simple observation: The combined IQ of the five ophthalmologists in the room is greater than the combined IQ of every optometrist in the entire state.

I receive emails from around the United States from colleagues who share ophthalmology's response to optometric legislative initiatives. The letters are rife with lies, exaggerations and professional character assassination. Is this what the Academy of Ophthalmology supports? Do they condone arrogance and outright dishonesty?

Poor relations with organized ophthalmology are nothing new, but encouraging dishonesty and unprofessional conduct is. Arrogance and lies harm both professions. Legislators see lies as dishonest and manipulative, and arrogance belies insecurity and poor character.

The Academy needs to stop kowtowing to its lowest common denominator--the angry, insecure and unsuccessful ophthalmologist--and LISTEN to the growing voice of ophthalmologists who have learned to work with ODs in an environment of mutual respect. Some in ophthalmology continue to see optometry as the devil, but I would submit that it may be better to deal with the devils without than to allow the devils within to damage us all."

................Somebody else wrote this but Im gonna post it hear just to see if I can stir the pot. Wow, IQ huh! It would be my pleasure to submit myself to a true IQ test vs this OMD or ANY ophthalmologist. In truth, I wont lie, I do good on this kind of test, so be forewarned. But dont let that deter you from trying, I really like these kinds of challenges, so we can make it fun. Oh, dont forget your thinkin' cap :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

"This from a reliable source: A group of ophthalmologists and optometrists gather for a meeting in a southwest state to discuss legislative issues. One of the ophthalmologists sums up how his group feels about optometry by sharing a simple observation: The combined IQ of the five ophthalmologists in the room is greater than the combined IQ of every optometrist in the entire state.

I receive emails from around the United States from colleagues who share ophthalmology’s response to optometric legislative initiatives. The letters are rife with lies, exaggerations and professional character assassination. Is this what the Academy of Ophthalmology supports? Do they condone arrogance and outright dishonesty?

Poor relations with organized ophthalmology are nothing new, but encouraging dishonesty and unprofessional conduct is. Arrogance and lies harm both professions. Legislators see lies as dishonest and manipulative, and arrogance belies insecurity and poor character.

The Academy needs to stop kowtowing to its lowest common denominator--the angry, insecure and unsuccessful ophthalmologist--and LISTEN to the growing voice of ophthalmologists who have learned to work with ODs in an environment of mutual respect. Some in ophthalmology continue to see optometry as the devil, but I would submit that it may be better to deal with the devils without than to allow the devils within to damage us all."

................Somebody else wrote this but Im gonna post it hear just to see if I can stir the pot. Wow, IQ huh! It would be my pleasure to submit myself to a true IQ test vs this OMD or ANY ophthalmologist. In truth, I wont lie, I do good on this kind of test, so be forewarned. But dont let that deter you from trying, I really like these kinds of challenges, so we can make it fun. Oh, dont forget your thinkin' cap :idea:

ignore the troll please

Status
Not open for further replies.