ophthalmology interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dp3

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
On the interviewing topic... I am just curious where people have gotten Ophthalmology interviews (or how many you have/applied to if you don't want to be specific). Also, do you think that most programs have already offered all of their interview spots? I read on another post that some programs wait for the Dean's letter before offering interviews. Do you think that is also the case with many programs in Ophthalmology even though they are early match? I am just curious. I have received a couple of interviews and a few rejection letters-and I am waiting to hear from several programs. I am just trying to gage what my chances are at getting more interviews. Thanks for any input!

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to 37 programs, have 8 interviews so far. I'm from the Midwest, and most of the interviews are from this area. I basically haven't heard anything from the East/West Coast, or from the "top tier" programs. Anyone heard from the top programs yet? Or from California schools?