opinion on what to do...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I currently go to UCR- overall gpa is 3.45 and science is 3.7. I live by myself in an apartment(expensive rent). I was planning on transferring to Cal State San Bernardino for the fall of 08. Its a cheaper school, I would be living with 2 of my close friends(I don't really have friends @ucr), and I would be a little closer to home.

An RA type position opened in my appt complex. They pay for your rent if you do it. I have an interview tomorrow. If I were to get the job, it would make UCR alot more affordable.

What are your opinions of what to do?
I really want to live with my friends and not be alone anymore, but staying at UCR seems that it may have better opportunities.

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I currently go to UCR- overall gpa is 3.45 and science is 3.7. I live by myself in an apartment(expensive rent). I was planning on transferring to Cal State San Bernardino for the fall of 08. Its a cheaper school, I would be living with 2 of my close friends(I don't really have friends @ucr), and I would be a little closer to home.

An RA type position opened in my appt complex. They pay for your rent if you do it. I have an interview tomorrow. If I were to get the job, it would make UCR alot more affordable.

What are your opinions of what to do?
I really want to live with my friends and not be alone anymore, but staying at UCR seems that it may have better opportunities.

thanks

I think you already made your decision. You rather move in with friends than remain alone. San Bernardino is very close to UCR. If you have your own car, you can consider commuting to UCR from your friend's place / soon to be your place.

UCR = Under Constant Reconstruction :laugh:

UC credits <> CSU credits. moving to a CSU from a UC may delay your graduation. think of your priorities and make a decision from there..goodluck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you already made your decision. You rather move in with friends than remain alone. San Bernardino is very close to UCR. If you have your own car, you can consider commuting to UCR from your friend's place / soon to be your place.

UCR = Under Constant Reconstruction :laugh:

UC credits <> CSU credits. moving to a CSU from a UC may delay your graduation. think of your priorities and make a decision from there..goodluck!

Thanks for the responses. I called an old friend for his opinion, and he basically said, "You are in school to make a career, not to make friends". It wasn't as harsh as that, but that was the main point. If they go to CSU and I stay at UCR, CSU isn't that far away, like mentioned. Priorities are what are most important:thumbup:

Also, I've heard(not sure if its true) that after I done w/ intro bio labs, I don't have to take anymore labs at UCR, but CSU requires it..

Thanks again

Thanks for the responses. I called an old friend for his opinion, and he basically said, "You are in school to make a career, not to make friends". It wasn't as harsh as that, but that was the main point. If they go to CSU and I stay at UCR, CSU isn't that far away, like mentioned. Priorities are what are most important:thumbup:

Also, I've heard(not sure if its true) that after I done w/ intro bio labs, I don't have to take anymore labs at UCR, but CSU requires it..

Thanks again

After Intro Bio classes, almost all of the upper division biology classes at ucr have no labs except for Microbiology, vert, and human anatomy & physiology.

microlab - 3 quarter units
vert & human labs - 1 quarter units each

Oh and I talked to a counselor at CSU a little while ago. We set a a schedule, and I would most likely finish 2 quarters early from the 4 years...so I wouldn't be behind at all.

Interview at 430. I'm still on the fence about it, but I like either outcome now.