Opinion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TraumaDR

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey just a quick question hoping to get some good feedback.

I am waiting eagerly to hear if I get an interview from PCOM. My file was complete in November, and I sent in a letter to update my grades and added an award I received recently in Jan. However, to no avail, no interview invite yet. Would it appear bothersome if I sent a letter of intent in hopes of being granted an interview? I know they send out interviews until April, but it seems as though time is running out. PCOM is my #1 school, I just don't know what else to do :confused:

Thanks for the help,

TraumaDR

Members don't see this ad.

Although I can't back up my advice with personal experience I'd say go ahead and send the letter. I'm assuming that you sent the latest letter in Janurary so four+ weeks doesn't seem excessive. Plus like you said we're getting down to crunch time. Ratteling a few cages and showing continued interest couldn't hurt.

My PCOM sec app was completed in august. I sent letter of intent three weeks ago. I called PCOM two days ago, woman was rude and uninformative:

"we review applications through april"

didn't ask for my name, didn't care.

NYCOM, sec app completed in august. Called bunches of times (a little less than once a month until december), no response. Called two days ago and had to leave message to call me back about status of application. No response...

I've decided that if PCOM doesn't extend me the courtesy of sending me a rejection letter then I won't extend any courtesy when I call PCOM, ask to speak to dean of admission and give him/her a piece of my mind...

Obviously my time and money I put into the app mean nothing to them. Must be nice to be on top and play by your own rules of professionalism, hope they enjoy it while it lasts...

Yeah, I'm bitter and ticked off. Applied to 15+ schools and all but PCOM and NYCOM (at least NYCOM people were nice about everything up until now) have responded. I've seen person after person come through these boards saying how they got their sec's in in december and already had an inteview and acceptance. Thats BS. Reject, place on hold for interview, interview or get a life....:mad: :mad:

+pissed+

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't have any experience with PCOM, but I was in a similar situation about a month ago. I had heard from almost every school except my number #1 choice. So first I sent a few emails to people in the admissions office. When I only got back generic emails I decided to call and ask to the person who handles complete files. After a brief phone call I recieved an email two days later offering me an interview. I guess my opinion is that even though you may be upset that they aren't getting back to you (and believe me I know, this is my 2nd year applying), it doesn't help to get mad. I mean I have already spent thousands of dollars in the application process, but so have a lot of other people. So my advice....be aggressive but understanding, definitely pusue it if you really want to go there.

eh just ignore me, I'm pissy cause I bombed a developmental neurobio exam :( just one of those days

I thought you didn't get to fill out a secondary for NYCOM until you went for the interview...am I just being left out?