opinions about medreve

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james75

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi;
have anybody gone through medrev mcqs? plz tell how they are. Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

Personally, I found medrevu to be a frustrating waste of time. I signed up for the 2 week deal for a different change of pace from Q bank. It was the worst $35 I spent in board prep. THe questions were not at all indicative of board style and the explanations left alot to be desired. It was frustrating not being able to go back and look at the tests after taking them and there was no cumulative grading, so you had to keep track of how you did on each individual test. Save the $ and pass this one up.

I also found MedRevu to be a waste of money and time.

A couple of people told me to do Kaplan's Qbank. That was the best money I've spent. Having taken the exam today, I can assure you the Kaplan questions are like what you'll get on the test. The MedRevu questions weren't as close to Kaplan at recreating the test environment.

The things I like about Kaplan: A lot of power in creating tests (only disciplines you want, organ systems, etc.), realistic about what the test questions on the real deal is like, reliable access (never got a server busy error!), and the questions were detailed. Don't be fooled by the micro questions on Kaplan. I frequently got A-J (I think I even got an A-L!) answer choices on my micro questions.

MedRevu is overly nitpicky with questions, and it doesn't give you the long vinettes that Kaplan does.

My suggestion: Go with Qbank. You won't regret it!