1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Opinions needed: Should I continue being pre-dental?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by goesaroundgoes, Dec 22, 2008.

1. goesaroundgoes

Pre-Dental
    Hi everyone,
    Hope everyone is enjoying their winter break. I am a sophomore in college who is/was (?) considering applying to dental school my junior or senior year. So here's the thing, I just got my science grades back for the semester and they were not nearly as good as I thought they would be. I took Chem freshman year, taking bio sophomore year, was planning on taking orgo junior year, take the DAT during senior year and apply then, take physics senior year, a year off to work and save then (hopefully) attend dental school, graduate, and live happily every after.
    BUT here are my grades thus far:
    Chem I : C+
    Chem Lab I : C+
    Chem II : A
    Chem Lab II : A

Bio (Cell Function & Structure): B-
    Bio Lab I : B-

So, taking into account my grades thus far, is it even worth it to continue? :oops::(

2. TRN1983

TRN1983 MS1 - I.e. "Know nothing"
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Try to figure out why your grades were not so great in Chem/Bio and keep plugging away. It doesn't take a genius to make it into professional schools, just average people who are really hard workers. Maybe talk to people and see what you can do to improve your study skills.

Good luck :thumbup: :luck:

3. left high n dry

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    go for it, just get A's in organic and each and every class moving forward, and ace the DATs, you got this!

4. NyCzPeter

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    If you can ace organic 1&2 then you're set. I heard orgo is the most important grade for many adcoms.

5. Sublimation

5+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    LMFAO>>>>the elephant video.........holy $hit lol....i laughed for literally a whole 15 minutes. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

6. TRN1983

TRN1983 MS1 - I.e. "Know nothing"
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Yeah, I'm with you man. :D I almost died laughing, too!

7. littlemango

7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Ive had worse grades than you...
    Chem: B, C+, C :(
    BIO: B+, C+, C :oops:
    ORGO: B, B, C+ :)
    Physics: A :D, ?, ? (im still in the middle of physics this year)

Anyways, point is I slacked off last year (soph) when i took bio and chem and didn't do stellar when i did orgo this summer either BUT i'm still plugging away. I found motivation this year and pulled off an A in Physics and I know (have faith) that if i can keep it together this year that I'll be good to apply...

just dont give up, its worth it :D