Opinions needed: Should I continue being pre-dental?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goesaroundgoes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Hope everyone is enjoying their winter break. I am a sophomore in college who is/was (?) considering applying to dental school my junior or senior year. So here's the thing, I just got my science grades back for the semester and they were not nearly as good as I thought they would be. I took Chem freshman year, taking bio sophomore year, was planning on taking orgo junior year, take the DAT during senior year and apply then, take physics senior year, a year off to work and save then (hopefully) attend dental school, graduate, and live happily every after.
BUT here are my grades thus far:
Chem I : C+
Chem Lab I : C+
Chem II : A
Chem Lab II : A

Bio (Cell Function & Structure): B-
Bio Lab I : B-

So, taking into account my grades thus far, is it even worth it to continue? :oops::(

Members don't see this ad.

Try to figure out why your grades were not so great in Chem/Bio and keep plugging away. It doesn't take a genius to make it into professional schools, just average people who are really hard workers. Maybe talk to people and see what you can do to improve your study skills.

Good luck :thumbup: :luck:

go for it, just get A's in organic and each and every class moving forward, and ace the DATs, you got this!

Members don't see this ad :)
So, taking into account my grades thus far, is it even worth it to continue? :oops::(

If you can ace organic 1&2 then you're set. I heard orgo is the most important grade for many adcoms.

Try to figure out why your grades were not so great in Chem/Bio and keep plugging away. It doesn't take a genius to make it into professional schools, just average people who are really hard workers. Maybe talk to people and see what you can do to improve your study skills.

Good luck :thumbup: :luck:

LMFAO>>>>the elephant video.........holy $hit lol....i laughed for literally a whole 15 minutes. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

LMFAO>>>>the elephant video.........holy $hit lol....i laughed for literally a whole 15 minutes. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Yeah, I'm with you man. :D I almost died laughing, too!

Ive had worse grades than you...
Chem: B, C+, C :(
BIO: B+, C+, C :oops:
ORGO: B, B, C+ :)
Physics: A :D, ?, ? (im still in the middle of physics this year)

Anyways, point is I slacked off last year (soph) when i took bio and chem and didn't do stellar when i did orgo this summer either BUT i'm still plugging away. I found motivation this year and pulled off an A in Physics and I know (have faith) that if i can keep it together this year that I'll be good to apply...

just dont give up, its worth it :D