1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Opinions on a university associated pre-med association?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Joy_Luck, Sep 26, 2000.

1. Joy_Luck

Joy_Luck Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

My university has only been open for a few years, and does not have an established "pre-med" program or advisors at this point in time. It has been suggested by a former professor that I should take on the task of starting a pre-med club. Starting clubs at my school is the primary way that the students here supplement their own college experience with things that are usually found at other schools (ie, a baseball or basketball club in lieu of the missing varsity sports here).

My question is this: What would you want a pre-med club to consist of? I was thinking along the lines of providing guidance to other aspiring pre-meds, maybe raising money to have med-school advisors visit, or raising money to visit medical centers at other schools...We don't have a pre-med committee like I've read about in other posts (I don't even know what a committee like that would do?) but would it be a good idea to maybe try and set the foundations of something that would perform similar tasks with this club? Any opinions and advice would be greatly appreciated! I hope to get the paperwork and red tape for the club completed by the end of the semester.

------------------
    "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    ~Eleanor Roosevelt

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.