Opinions on Albert Einstein in Philly, Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mandimd

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello all-

Sounds like everyone is busy coordinating schedules and confirming interviews. . .I was just wondering, anyone out there, can you tell me about the Albert Einstein Program in Philly?

Are the residents happy?
Is it a malignant program?
Are the hospitals new or old?
How is the program director?

And lastly life in Philly? expensive, things to do? what's it like, i've never been there.
Thanx :D

Members don't see this ad.

It's a community program affiliated with Jefferson. I didn't apply but have worked with residents from there. They seem pretty happy and I think it is good, if that is the type of program you are interested in.

Philadelphia is relatively inexpensive to live in, compared to New York, Boston, Washington DC. I think that the city does have its charms and there are definately things to do. There are many medical schools/residency programs in the area so there are pleanty of people to do things with. All in all, i thinks it isn't a bad place to spend a couple years of you life in.

Peter

einstein--it's a pretty classy hospital in a pretty bad neighborhood. that'll be the first thing u notice when u interview. there are a lot of fmgs but for the most part everyone is very nice and competent. i say the big drawbacks are location (u will not want to live w/i walking distance) and community hosp.