Opinions on AudioOsmosis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, Im not taking the mcat till next august but I wanted to get some feedback to start preparing...I know you all are going to say stay away from the mcat till a few months before the test, but I know myself and need all the time I can get...what do you all think about EK's audioosmosis and what would be the best review supplements to get, I dont wanna take a prep course cuz it seems uneccesary, I just want to study on my own..any tips on EK yay or nay?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr2010 said:
Hey everyone, Im not taking the mcat till next august but I wanted to get some feedback to start preparing...I know you all are going to say stay away from the mcat till a few months before the test, but I know myself and need all the time I can get...what do you all think about EK's audioosmosis and what would be the best review supplements to get, I dont wanna take a prep course cuz it seems uneccesary, I just want to study on my own..any tips on EK yay or nay?

Yay! Esp if you you in a car, w/CD of course, alot. They are a tad corny at times but its a good augmentation to your prepwork. I wouldnt rely solely on them and they do complement the EK books nicely. I got them back in Feb for the Aug MCAT and listen to them now in the car all the time.

Warning, they are NOT very detailed and really give a good overview of a subject, but if your still having problems you have to dig in your text books or some other prep material. Some errors here and there, but I think the EK website has those IDed by now.

Good Luck

If you don't plan on using a course, then Exam Kracker's is the best way to go. Their materials are as good as Princeton Review and Kaplan, but less detailed for the person whom works better with less detail and more overview of the main idea. I would also get their 1001 question books in all the subjects, and 101 verbal passages book, as well as their 3 practice exams and 16 mini MCAT books. It is not enough to just know the material. One needs to know the format of the test as well. Also get the AAMC diagnostic tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although I like them I do my best learning when I have a book in front of me with pictures and charts. You have to actively listen to them to get anything out of them. I used to listen to these all the time but not anymore.

The way I use them now is to follow along in the books as I listen and jot down in my book some things they mention that are not in there.

Also be sure to visit their website for the errors on the CDs. There are many.

If you are one of those people that records your professor's lectures and listen to them later then this is probably perfect for you.

Dr2010 said:

I was happy with the EK material, and really liked AudioOsmosis. I drive a lot for work, and the CD's were great. I still don't have my April scores back, but if I didn't do well, it wasn't due to inappropriate study material.