Apr 17, 2011
Status
Medical Student
Has any one used Doctors in Training to prep for step 1? i have a 2012 edition (free) and I'm not buying the new one. I have first aid and Pathoma and Goljan. I'm wondering if using the 2012 DIT in addition to first aid and doing u world questions is worth my time. Thanks for any insight.

Modeselektor

Let me show you the whey of the true path
5+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2013
Status
Attending Physician
Yes. Reading a book designed to prepare you for an exam and questions designed to emulate it is worth your time

5+ Year Member
Jun 22, 2013
Status
Medical Student
There are several threads on this topic already. Some people like it. Some people don't. Try to watch a video or two to see if it suits your learning style. Don't just throw money at it because I think they have some ridiculous return policy.

J ROD

Watch my TAN walk!!
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2005
working on my tan......
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I signed up for DIT for the chance it is worth it. Tell you in July. I think it is more worth it if you are an average student. I think it can help me more than you 240+ folks. Everyone on SDN is rocking a 240+ these days.

Oct 30, 2010
ORYGUN
Status
Medical Student
I also had the DIT videos from a friend, but soon realized that they were super disorganized and I didnt really know where to begin with them. I think that having those can be useful for ms2 year if you need additional lecture/info for a specific topic you are doing in class already (or at least thats what I thought I would use.. but didnt end up having a ton of time).

For USMLE studying-- having the entire set of videos was not helpful. I ended up buying the DIT course anyway because I need the structure in my studying. I think that is one of the main things you buy when you buy their study program-- a study schedule.

They send you weekly worksheets to fill out (2-3/week) w/ 10-questions on each. These worksheets are meant to be done during your MS2- year, although I am pretty behind on them. That is additional to the primer videos you get right when you pay and the 'Part 2' videos you get later on during your study period.

So they way they order it is:

Primer = (bunch of random videos-- I didnt find it super helpful) these are supposed to be HY topics that you should be familiar with.
Part 1 Questions = bi- or tri-weekly worksheets that you answer on your own then watch their answer videos.
Part 2 = videos w/ all other topics you should be familiar w/. These should be done in the last 45 days of your study period. And they send you a work book for these videos as well since these videos also have end of session quizzes.

Lots of pros and cons to this method-- but I think usmle studying is a "choose your own adventure" kinda thing.

Hope that helps for anyone wondering about DIT structure.

KnightofBaldMt

5+ Year Member
Jan 11, 2012
Wichita, KS
Status
Medical Student
I signed up for DIT for the chance it is worth it. Tell you in July. I think it is more worth it if you are an average student. I think it can help me more than you 240+ folks. Everyone on SDN is rocking a 240+ these days.
Hello! Checking for DIT opinions on SDN and I wondered if you could report back what your experience using DIT was and your score?