Opinions on EK phyics

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pej722

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm almost done working through the EK physics book. Anyone else getting blasted on some of the lecture questions. I read and understand the material and then it seems like that ask questions on stuff they didn't cover or didn't cover enough. Anyone else feel this way?

Members don't see this ad.

pej722 said:
I'm almost done working through the EK physics book. Anyone else getting blasted on some of the lecture questions. I read and understand the material and then it seems like that ask questions on stuff they didn't cover or didn't cover enough. Anyone else feel this way?

maybe youre not paying enough attention to mr salty

Are you using EK 1001 q's too? I know exactly what you are talking about. I had the same problem but the 1001 books bring things to my attention that I never would have otherwise picked up on with the lecture chapters alone.

im only 2/3 done with the physics book, but its been pretty fun thus far...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just worried its not enough in depth... and worried about what equations we really need to know. I did the wave lecture yesterday, and it basically says that you don't need to memorize any equations for simple harmonic motion, although they mention them. My friend who is taking Kaplan is memorizing ~ 10 simple harmonics equations.... :confused:

pej722 said:

by the way PEJ 722 i also feel the same way, they ask the question on the stuff that they didnt cover, and i have 1001 books which is really good see if you can get it pEJ. good luck.

Flushingfinest said:
by the way PEJ 722 i also feel the same way, they ask the question on the stuff that they didnt cover, and i have 1001 books which is really good see if you can get it pEJ. good luck.

lecture 8 bio, lecture 7 physics, lecture 3 orgo, lecture 6 gen chem

Tanner82 said:
lecture 8 bio, lecture 7 physics, lecture 3 orgo, lecture 6 gen chem

Daym Tanner your almost done with content of MCAT. i m on BIO 5, Physics 6, CHEM 4, ORGO 2 i hope i m not falling behind :oops: oh by the way is it good to finish the content first and then start taking practice exams?? what i mean is that.. i m planning to take 4R this sunday, should i just go ahead and take it or should i do extra lecture in EK books so i can finish up with the content first then just focus on practice exams?? any advice would be really appriciated. thank you.

Flushingfinest said:
Daym Tanner your almost done with content of MCAT. i m on BIO 5, Physics 6, CHEM 4, ORGO 2 i hope i m not falling behind :oops: oh by the way is it good to finish the content first and then start taking practice exams?? what i mean is that.. i m planning to take 4R this sunday, should i just go ahead and take it or should i do extra lecture in EK books so i can finish up with the content first then just focus on practice exams?? any advice would be really appriciated. thank you.
I'de finish the content first, then take the AAMC tests and review them, its not like you're not going to go back to the material anyway. If anything take a different test other than AAMC (don't waste those). Trust me I did tests as I went along and WAS NOT prepared to take them, so feel like I wasted good tests. Focus on the AAMCs when you are done studying the content.

The lecture tests are supposed to be harder than the real thing. If you read the beginning of the book, it says that they just give you the harder questions that you would see on the MCAT since they assume that you could get the easier ones. I reread all the lectures that I covered at the end of the "week" (meaning the end of the EK week) since I felt that it helped reinforce the concepts I was missing when I did the questions.

I found the 1001 question book especially useful for the physics portion since it will drill in concepts and basic equations.

hey everyone, thanks for the replies. Yes it's the 30 min exams that I find hard. Specifically the last few.