Opinions on EK3?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I just took EK3 and got a 65%-->59%/53%/81%/66%. Not horrible, but I was really annoyed about the number of questions that seemed to be either poorly written, or having poor/out of scope answers.

I thought the C/P, CARS, and P/S had some completely weird Q's/A's. Some of it seemed like it was out of scope, or grasping at straws, with some of the answers being so similar that they were hard to distinguish.

For reference, I averaged ~509 on NS 1-6 and 504 on Kaplan 1-3. Maybe it was the fact that I used a 5 hour energy instead of my normal stimulant, but this test seemed very different.

Is EK4 better? If not, I will just start the section banks and q packs.

Members don't see this ad.

I just took EK3 and got a 65%-->59%/53%/81%/66%. Not horrible, but I was really annoyed about the number of questions that seemed to be either poorly written, or having poor/out of scope answers.

I thought the C/P, CARS, and P/S had some completely weird Q's/A's. Some of it seemed like it was out of scope, or grasping at straws, with some of the answers being so similar that they were hard to distinguish.

For reference, I averaged ~509 on NS 1-6 and 504 on Kaplan 1-3. Maybe it was the fact that I used a 5 hour energy instead of my normal stimulant, but this test seemed very different.

Is EK4 better? If not, I will just start the section banks and q packs.
EK does a pretty good job, on all exams except 2, of being like the real test. Your score falls within your range of practice tests thus far, but you want to be aiming for a 70%+ on EK for a 509+ on exam day.

EK does a pretty good job, on all exams except 2, of being like the real test. Your score falls within your range of practice tests thus far, but you want to be aiming for a 70%+ on EK for a 509+ on exam day.
well my other scores indicate in the 5-teens, so this one was pretty uncharacteristic.

Members don't see this ad :)
A Kaplan 504 is about a 509. NS is pretty accurate.
A guy who put together an equation for predicting test scores based on the user compilation would disagree with you there. Those scores are indicative of the mid teens, and the EK I just did is a fair amount lower.

I think he said the numbers were +14 for kaplan was avg and +8.5 for NS was avg. I think the post is sticky'd.

Reactions: 1 user

I am going to take one more EK test. I've taken #3 and #4. Should I take #1 over #2?

EK3 was pretty hard from what I remember. EK2 has the hardest CP out of all of them but its PS is pretty easy, same with the B/B. CARS is comparable so it is up to you if you want a killer CP or not. I got low 60s on EK2's CP, second passage sucked.

EK4 was much better than EK3 imo. Also your EK scores should improve with each one you do. I started off at 70 and finished with 84% and took them all the same week if that helps since what you miss probably is do to reasoning/reading the question incorrectly and not content. 65% isn't bad and your NS and Kaplan scores put you around 510-515 so don't read to much into it.

I just took EK FL1, and found it an accurate representation of the Actual exam. One thing Exam krackers gets right is the use of graphs on their FLs. The real MCAT has a TON of graphs (which are a pain in the booty).

Does someone have a rough estimate on the translation of Exam Kracker scores to actual score? Ie, A 60% is a 505, etc.?

EK3 was pretty hard from what I remember. EK2 has the hardest CP out of all of them but its PS is pretty easy, same with the B/B. CARS is comparable so it is up to you if you want a killer CP or not. I got low 60s on EK2's CP, second passage sucked.

EK4 was much better than EK3 imo. Also your EK scores should improve with each one you do. I started off at 70 and finished with 84% and took them all the same week if that helps since what you miss probably is do to reasoning/reading the question incorrectly and not content. 65% isn't bad and your NS and Kaplan scores put you around 510-515 so don't read to much into it.

Thanks, and I am looking for >515 with a month left so I am hoping I can improve on this, because I need to overshadow another part of my app. I still need to figure out a good way to stay focused during exams, I feel like I drift off too much.

Thanks, and I am looking for >515 with a month left so I am hoping I can improve on this, because I need to overshadow another part of my app. I still need to figure out a good way to stay focused during exams, I feel like I drift off too much.
Try caffeine or if you really cant focus get diagnosed with ADD and get adderall if you think you need it. I can understand CARS or PS but if it happening in CP and BB there is something up. Also recommend for you at this point to just keep doing practice passages in your weak areas and lots of CARS practice and to take a FL every 3 days. You will do great.

I would say that EK are one of the better prep companies when it comes to matching the AAMC style. The only annoying thing is that you don't get a scaled score, which is pretty lazy on their part considering the fact that you pa $50 for their exams. I was scoring in the 70%s and I ended up with a 517, so a score of atlas 70% is good to aim for. I recommend EK3 and 4 as well.

Reactions: 1 users
I would say that EK are one of the better prep companies when it comes to matching the AAMC style. The only annoying thing is that you don't get a scaled score, which is pretty lazy on their part considering the fact that you pa $50 for their exams. I was scoring in the 70%s and I ended up with a 517, so a score of atlas 70% is good to aim for. I recommend EK3 and 4 as well.

Do you remember how high in the 70s you were scoring? I got a 62% and 61% on ek 3 and 4 and desperately awaiting my score on the actual exam (I was hoping for a 508)

Do you remember how high in the 70s you were scoring? I got a 62% and 61% on ek 3 and 4 and desperately awaiting my score on the actual exam (I was hoping for a 508)

I was scoring in the low 70s. It was pretty discouraging at the time, but taking the AAMC practice tests made me realize that the EK exams are much harder. I think that scores in the low 60s can lead to a 508 on the real thing. If you want more peace of mind, check out the spreadsheet that someone posted a few months ago showing scores on different practice tests vs. the MCAT.