Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Opinions on Finch Secondary?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by UCMonkey, Nov 5, 2001.

1. UCMonkey

UCMonkey Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all,

I just got the Finch secondary today (took them long enough). Anyway, for those of you that have done it, did you actually write anything in response to their opportunity to expand on your personal statement, or is it really just asking for $90 and LOR's?

2. MedPuck

MedPuck Made
    7+ Year Member

I would add anything else that has changed since you wrote your statement, only if it applies. I left it blank and sent them the nice and cheap $90 check for filling out my name and address again. I guess they liked my address because I interview there later this month. BTW it took a month after my file was complete to receive the offer. Good luck and don't hurt your typing hand on this app! :)

3. audeo

audeo Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I just got my secondary from Finch as well-only UCSF to go- and I am currently debating whether or not to send secondaries there. Could anyone give me some kind of overall description of the school? Since I am research bound, I am kind of feeling that Finch might not satisfy my career goal even if I get admission.

4. Doggy

Doggy Member
    10+ Year Member

Audeo,

The school concentrates on training clinicians. If you are interested in research, I would suggest looking elsewhere. At the same time, unless you are feeling very confident in your applications to other schools, I think you should keep your options open. Going to Finch will not preclude you from a career in research, it's just not the ideal place to pursue it.

In regards to the secondary, don't force yourself to write anything if you have nothing else to say. I was given an interview and acceptance last year without writing anything.