Opinions on Kaplan pharm for Step 1?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruban

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I've been studying Kaplan's pharmacology leture notes, and I must say, they're pretty darn comprehensive....in the autonomics section, for example, weird drugs like "mecamylamine" and "methoxamine," which I had never even heard of, show up.

AAnyone have opinions on using Kaplan for step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

u don't need it, but it won't hurt you to use it.

I was told by a now third-year friend of mine who did "really well" that all he used was Kaplan and Pharm Recall! I, too, am struggling with the depth for pharm since I'm basically in a curriculum where there is alot of independent study and I'm not sure of what I should have learned...like the rest of my classmates. I was stunned when I read that First Aid Pharm was all you needed. I'm still skeptical about that (no offense), but I'm just struggling with finding that niche that is most effective and efficient! Please, give me your suggestions. Thanks

Atlas

Members don't see this ad :)
Let me let the forum in on Sinnman...He's a freak of nature!!! :laugh:

I liked it and I still use it as a quick reference to this day. It is very comprehensive and emphasizes the important side effects that you need to know for the exam.