Opinions on Loyola and UIC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GuitarMan

Guitarman for President
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious what other people would think about Loyola versus UIC. Most physicians I have asked think both schools are fairly equal in quality. Are there any different opinions out there? Does anyone have opinions on the clinical training at these schools?

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Guitarman-
Congrats on what seems like a choice between 2 good schools. I can only comment about Loyola - I think the clinical training has been excellent thus far. From what I have heard from other residents, loyola grads are thought of very qualified clinically when they graduate and begin residencies. In almost every situation, the attending staff/housestaff have been more than enthusiastic in terms of teaching you on a clinical level. That is very important; one of Loyola's main goals is to teach their physicians to become good teachers as well. I think the main difference is that the clerkship directors by and large are very concerned about what you are getting out of your clinical rotations and are willing to change the situation if you feel you could learn better by doing something else. Otherwise, every rotation I have been on so far has been invaluable in my education. There, you learn by doing. At Loyola, you really are part of the team caring for patients. Sorry I can't comment on UIC - but good luck.