Program-Specific Info / Q's Opinions on Mary Baldwin/Murphy Deming OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OT1819

Reaction score
I was accepted into the OTD program at Murphy Deming this past week. I am still not completely sure if this is where I want to go and was hoping to find some advice from other future students/current students in the program.

There were some aspects of the program I really like - the building is brand new so the facility is great, beautiful area, faculty was very nice, etc. But there were other aspects, like the large class size (70 students) due to combining OT/PT courses for their inter professional approach. I think this is an interesting idea but I am coming from a small college where all my faculty personally know me and the largest course I've ever had was 30 students. I also assumed graduate school would have an even more personalized approach since it is more specialized than undergrad, but I'm not sure if this is the case since there are 70 students to a class.

Sorry for the long post - hoping someone can provide further insight into what it is REALLY like to be a part of the program.

Members don't see this ad.