Opinions on my chances ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jstroud

Reaction score
I applied very early in the cycle and did an academic update in august!

GPA 3.62 sGPA: 3.5
DAT: 21 AA
20 TS
19 QR
18 GC
21 RC
20 BIO
27 OChem
20 PAT

I have close to 200 volunteering hours and had close to 100 shadowing when i first applied however I took an 80 hour accelerated dental assisting course and two weeks ago got a job as a dental / oral surgery assistant. WIth this I'll be working full time about 35 hours a week throughout my gap year. I just added that to my AADSAS about a week ago though.

I know my application is overall pretty average, and with that being said I haven't heard about any interviews yet and just wanted to know if this was normal? I applied to MUSC to which i am a resident, Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky, UAB, Florida, Tennessee, NYU, and Oklahoma !

Thanks guys any feedback would be appreciated !

Members don't see this ad.

I applied very early in the cycle and did an academic update in august!

GPA 3.62 sGPA: 3.5
DAT: 21 AA
20 TS
19 QR
18 GC
21 RC
20 BIO
27 OChem
20 PAT

I have close to 200 volunteering hours and had close to 100 shadowing when i first applied however I took an 80 hour accelerated dental assisting course and two weeks ago got a job as a dental / oral surgery assistant. WIth this I'll be working full time about 35 hours a week throughout my gap year. I just added that to my AADSAS about a week ago though.

I know my application is overall pretty average, and with that being said I haven't heard about any interviews yet and just wanted to know if this was normal? I applied to MUSC to which i am a resident, Georgia, Louisville, Kentucky, UAB, Florida, Tennessee, NYU, and Oklahoma !

Thanks guys any feedback would be appreciated !

you're just going to have to wait, your stats are fine
i think the issue is that your list is too heavy on public schools...

you're just going to have to wait, your stats are fine
i think the issue is that your list is too heavy on public schools...
Thank you for your response ! When you say wait do you mean as in just being patient to hear in this cycle?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for your response ! When you say wait do you mean as in just being patient to hear in this cycle?

yes, be patient
you could add more private schools, but at this point i'm not sure it's a sure thing for you to add more safety schools...

yes, be patient
you could add more private schools, but at this point i'm not sure it's a sure thing for you to add more safety schools...
I really appreciate it. I actually was invited for one this morning thankfully and will continue to be patient !