Opinions on my list? No II's yet

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JB50

I'm really in I swear
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
PCOM, WVSOM, UNECOM, and MUCOM haven't sent out any II's just yet.

If you've told schools you're waiting for a second MCAT score, they may have your application on hold until the new score arrives. Have your received application complete e-mails yet?

Also, many people who have submitted early have still not heard from most of these schools, so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

How long ago did you submit your secondaries? It can take up to a couple weeks to review and then extend an interview invite. Your GPA and MCAT are well within range to get accepted to virtually any DO school if you wish to add more, so I wouldn't worry too much

Although I'd try and increase your shadow hours if possible

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, it's so early still.

Reactions: 1 user
Just wait. RVU has been handing out rejections like candy, so you're obviously still in the running.

PCOM, WVSOM, UNECOM, and MUCOM haven't sent out any II's just yet.

If you've told schools you're waiting for a second MCAT score, they may have your application on hold until the new score arrives. Have your received application complete e-mails yet?

Also, many people who have submitted early have still not heard from most of these schools, so I wouldn't be worried just yet.

WVSOM sent out secondaries last week

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

WVSOM sent out secondaries last week

II = interview invites.

OP, chill. It's still early and the schools are most likely waiting on your second MCAT score, which I'm not sure why you retook. You also need to apply more broadly. Add another 5+ schools

Edit: your list is also about half reaches for you with your MCAT. You need more "mid-tier" schools. I do think you have an excellent chance at MSUCOM

Last edited by a moderator:
II = interview invites.

OP, chill. It's still early and the schools are most likely waiting on your second MCAT score, which I'm not sure why you retook. You also need to apply more broadly. Add another 5+ schools

Oops misread that lol

Last edited:
Your school list sucks that's my opinion. You may as well have thrown the money you spent on PCOM, CCOM, UNECOM AND RVU into a blender and made a brotein shake. Add more schools because you don't want to end up at LUCOM or WVSOM.

Reactions: 2 users
Your school list sucks that's my opinion. You may as well have thrown the money you spent on PCOM, CCOM, UNECOM AND RVU into a blender and made a brotein shake. Add more schools because you don't want to end up at LUCOM or WVSOM.

I know many advise against LUCOM but what's wrong with WVSOM? Have a friend who goes there and she loves it. Aside from their rural health mission if you have no intention of practicing rural health.

I know many advise against LUCOM but what's wrong with WVSOM? Have a friend who goes there and she loves it. Aside from their rural health mission if you have no intention of practicing rural health.
Tuition. There are better schools than WV for a lot cheaper.

Members don't see this ad :)
I made an edit to my post above but in case you don't see it OP I'm going to agree with @Dr Death , your list sucks. Half your schools are long shots based on MCAT alone. You need another 5-8 mid-tier, statwise, schools.

Something to consider, if you could only get into a school that charges $10-20K more a year then would you not go? Also tuition cost is not the only financial consideration. Places like NY, CA, and S FL can be extremely expensive to live so you have to consider that into cost as well.

So OP IMO apply more broadly (if you can afford it) and then be selective regarding other factors based on where you get acceptances. Being picky is not something someone with less than a perfect app can afford. You may save $500 this year but then you risk spending another $2000 applying again next.

Last edited:
You do live up to your chosen screen name lol:whistle:

Will think about adding some "mid-tier" osteopathic schools. Hopefully my 2nd MCAT puts me in a lot better position at the more established DO schools.

edited side note --> @AnatomyGrey12 - have you matriculated anywhere yet?

Not yet! My apps are all in for this cycle so aiming for 2017. When you get your 2nd MCAT come back and we can further advise on your list

Jeeze, I'm getting so tired of posts like these. Are you such a special snowflake that you expect the schools to drop what they're doing and send you secondaries? It's not even Labor Day...let some people enjoy the summer vacation.

And no, schools don't wait for second MCATs.

Patience is a virtue, the need for instant gratification is not.

Hey guys

So yes I have been reading too much SDN lately BUT! I am a bit stumped on why I haven't heard any communication from schools since submitting my secondaries. I am a little bit in the dark as far as the osteopathic application timeline but regardless here are my stats and my list.

Stats:
MCAT - 503 (128,124,125,127) test 1, Test 2 taken July 22.
GPA's: cGPA = 3.64, sGPA = 3.59, nsGPA = 3.71
EC's - 1500 hours of patient contact as a nurse tech/aide, 50 hours volunteering, 10hours shadowing, no research

School list:
MSUCOM
PCOM
CCOM
DMUCOM
WVSOM
UNECOM
RVUCOM (both campuses)
LUCOM
MUCOM

MSU CHM (MD school)

Any schools I should definitely add? Kinda getting antsy and excited. Do you think schools are waiting on my 2nd MCAT?

Last edited:

Last edited:
Cool, good luck to ya. I was just curious on who was giving me advice :rolleyes:

Yeah apply with that list and let us know how many interviews you get besides MSUCOM. Everyone thinks we don't know what we're talking about, until the cycle is over and it turns out we were

Last edited:
I'm assuming you're a Michigan resident? Or close to it? if so you might have just donated your money to UNECOM. From what I have read, they are pretty regionally biased.

Last edited:
Yes Im a MI resident. I agree that UNECOM was probably a waste. Whoops.
Well you never know! If you're not strapped for cash sometimes it's worth the try. I also think some more non-medical experience would be a nice addition to your app if you were looking for more ways to improve to get your mind off waiting for interviews

I'm not saying your advice isn't appreciated. I was simply seeing what kind of background you have that makes your advice suitable. I got my answer. No need to get defensive:thumbup:. This is the internet after all....

Oh I wasn't getting defensive, it is now apparent you have a much more level head than some of the other people who ask about lists and don't like our suggestions. I know I haven't been accepted yet but with the way my cycle is going I do think I know what I'm talking about. With a 503 I really don't think you need a retake for most schools, with a little tweaking your list could have really high yield (i.e. Get rid of MCAT ****** and LUCOM because you can do better than them) with your score I honestly think you have a better chance at MSUCHM than at a school like CCOM. No need to retake if you don't have to. Depending on how much money you are willing to spend then you can apply wherever you want though

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Quoting the very wise gonnif:

Review of apps is not simply done in a linear chronological order. High achievers, URM, family of alumni, grads of feeder schools, associated UG programs, people who meet the school’s mission, in-state residents for state schools, linked post-bac programs like SMPs, and other factors may push an app forward in the process.

Time and time again, I see myself reading through all of these SDN posts and worrying myself sick. Then your name pops up with some down to earth info that I seem to forget. Pretty calming. Time to relax and head to the gym :)

Reactions: 1 users

Last edited: