projectpremed

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Hey guys! I finally formed my schedule for my DIY post bacc this spring and I wanted to get y'alls opinion on my schedule and see if everything looks good or if something looks a little of. My schedule is below.

Principles of Neurobiology- 500 level. Taught through the medical school. I talked to the professor today and we will actually be able to go into the neuroanatomy lab and see/ participate in a brain dissection. We will also be paired with a mentor at the medical school for our final paper so I think this will be a good way to get an amazing letter of rec.

Physiology- 500 level. Taught through the medical school.

General Toxicology- 500 level. Has a pharm prefix

A&P 1- 200 level. Is the level too low for a DIY post bacc.

Thank you guys for all your opinions!!

DoctorWhere

2+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2018
Need more information on your goals/intentions for the post-bac coursework (i.e. increase undergrad GPA, prove that you can handle upper-level science, etc.)

Reactions: 1 user

projectpremed

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Need more information on your goals/intentions for the post-bac coursework (i.e. increase undergrad GPA, prove that you can handle upper-level science, etc.)
Sorry about that! My ultimate goal is to show an upward trend to prove I can handle hard science courses! My undergrad gpa is a 3.12 and I have been told that it isn't about increasing undergrad GPA anymore, but it is about proving myself in hard science classes! I am not sure if this is true, but this is what I am going off of!

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.