Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

opinions on TCOM??

Discussion in 'Medical Students - DO' started by Carp, Jul 21, 2000.

1. Carp

Carp Member

I am inquiring on behalf of my cousin who is applying to the Texas schools and likes TCOM. How is TCOM regarded among osteopathic schools? How is there hospital/clinical/facilities etc. Any positive or negative comments are welcome, we are just trying to get a feel for it, you know.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DoctorK

DoctorK Member

I believe that TCOM is widely regarded as one of the better osteopathic schools. It is a health science center, does some research, and has affiliatons with several hospitals and clinics in Fort Worth and other cities. Honestly, I have not yet heard any negative reports on TCOM. I chose to go there even though I was accepted and could have gone to an allopathic school. My personal opinion in choosing a med school is that you can't choose a bad school in Texas...it comes down to your personal preference and experience during the interview process. Have your cousin email me if he wants more info...I'm starting at TCOM in a couple of weeks and have shadowed students and graduates of TCOM.

------------------
    We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of the dreams.

--Willy Wonka

4. DO Boy

DO Boy Senior Member

I've heard the same things as doctork. see all o' y'all there! That's me practicing my Texas lingo.