Opinions on these Epilepsy Fellowships programs,please help me pick

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donegal

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
I am interviewing at these places for Epilepsy fellowships
I have already visited two and have an interview at the University of Virginia,Charlottesville
coming up soon
The other two are Cleveland Clinic and Vanderbilt
I really liked the these two programs and have no doubt they offer excellent training in Epilepsy
I am interested in an Academic Career with some clinical research
Any thoughts on these programs,I think Cleveland Clinic might be the bigger name?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure about the other programs but for epilepsy the Cleveland clinic group is very highly regarded and also very personable and easy going . They also have things like MEG that are hard to find at other places.

Members don't see this ad :)
Cleveland Clinic has a higher surgical volume than any other program and very strong faculty. You really couldn't go wrong training there.

If you want to go into academics, be sure to clarify one year versus two years at your interview. You need to know what is expected of you to be able to stay for two years. The majority of academic epilepsy positions strongly prefer to hire someone with two years of fellowship, and with Epilepsy boards in addition to CNP boards, it is also a matter of which boards you are eligible out of fellowship.

Hi guys
I am interviewing at these places for Epilepsy fellowships
I have already visited two and have an interview at the University of Virginia,Charlottesville
coming up soon
The other two are Cleveland Clinic and Vanderbilt
I really liked the these two programs and have no doubt they offer excellent training in Epilepsy
I am interested in an Academic Career with some clinical research
Any thoughts on these programs,I think Cleveland Clinic might be the bigger name?
Thanks

yes Cleveland Clinica is the best, otherwise also Yale and Thomas Jefferson