opinions on USC or UOP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ayoon80

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was thinking of adding more schools onto the AADSAS correction forms..any thoughts on USC or UOP? regarding campus, their programs, etc etc?? Let me know if you guys have any thots~! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

HI,
I had been to USC , I wasnt very impressed with it , will be going to UOP on the 17th of dec , I hope its better than USC.

I interviewed at UOP and really liked their school. They provide very good clinical training and are very student oriented. On the other hand, there aren't many research opportunities. The professors and students were very friendly and positive about their dental experience. The labs are very new...The Dental school is in S.F., away from the main UOP campus, so there isn't a college atmosphere found at other schools. Some other things to consider: it's a 3 year program; cost is pretty high. Those were some of my impressions.

Members don't see this ad :)
My roommate is a first year at USC and really loves it (well not right now because he is studying for finals). HOwever, I think that the PBL program definetely better suited for some people than others. You really have to be self-motivated and want to learn. If not, you might squeak by, but not get the most prepared.

Does anyone know if USC and UOP give out secondaries? Every other school has given me secondaries but I'm wondering if they either don't give them out or if it just because my application is not complete?