Opinions wanted from successful applicants.

• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

M

michiganboiler

Hi

My wife's NDBE scores are 87(part I) and 76(part II). She is going to retake part II to improve her scores. Most schools in this country (that accept Foreign Dentists for Advanced Standing Programs) need just part I(except Tufts and Loma Linda).

What in your opinion should she do...

a) take Part I again to improve her scores to 90+ (hopefully) ?

or

b) take Part II so that she can apply to more schools ?

Where will she have an edge ?

Thanks

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
The fact is that a high part 1 score opens more doors than a part 2 score (high or not). You could come to this conclusion by examining nalini's compiled stats list for 2004 app cycle.

Your wife part 1 score isn't that bad (I know, it's not the greatest either), but perhaps she should try to bump up her application, you know good toefl, etc.

btw, welcome.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by meggs
The fact is that a high part 1 score opens more doors than a part 2 score (high or not). You could come to this conclusion by examining nalini's compiled stats list for 2004 app cycle.

Your wife part 1 score isn't that bad (I know, it's not the greatest either), but perhaps she should try to bump up her application, you know good toefl, etc.

btw, welcome.

About the Ads

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Status (Visible)

btw, welcome.

good toefl???????:confused: but I thought we need toefl scores to just meet their requirments..I doubt whether increasing toefl scores more than the school's requirment will add up weightage to one's application:confused:

I think increasing part 1 scores will have better odds:idea:

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by dentaldoc
good toefl???????:confused: but I thought we need toefl scores to just meet their requirments..I doubt whether increasing toefl scores more than the school's requirment will add up weightage to one's application:confused:

I think increasing part 1 scores will have better odds:idea:

Nahhh, what I meant is she should try to get her application to look good on general, like in all other details. I know part 1 is more important than toefl.

dentaldoc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 21, 2003
Status (Visible)
Nahhh, what I meant is she should try to get her application to look good on general, like in all other details. I know part 1 is more important than toefl.

others like what:confused: can u be specific:rolleyes:

Meggs

[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
www.gingermeggs.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by dentaldoc
others like what:confused: can u be specific:rolleyes:

Like work experience, volunteer stuff, as good English skills as posibble, great application essay, great interview, etc.

God, we just talked about that in some other thread, but now I don't remember in which one was. Does someone here remembers???

GKG

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2003
Status (Visible)
hi!! i think if your wife plans on retaking an exm it should be the part 1( worked for me!!! ) i had a pretty good TOEFL and GPA even the first time ,i think part 1 score made the difference the second time
good luck :) :) :) :)

tweety

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2004
Status (Visible)
Hi michiganboiler
i definitely recommend ur wife to take part 1 again rather than taking part 2. my part 1 is 89 n all places i went for the interview they told me they have maximum applicants above 90 n i am on the boderline. i got accepted only at NYU n next yr even there it will be more competition.it feel helpless now, coz its too late for me.
but if it was me i would take part 1 again
best of luck to her
tweety:)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.