opportunity as a dentist to travel?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
are there opportunities to travel as a dentist? I have itchy feet I don't think I can stay in one area longer than a few years so not I'm if this is the career I should pursue,,, any options?

Members don't see this ad.

are there opportunities to travel as a dentist? I have itchy feet I don't think I can stay in one area longer than a few years so not I'm if this is the career I should pursue,,, any options?
You would need to go through more or less complicated and expensive licensing process if you move states

Dude, I keep seeing you in threads with ridiculous information. What's up with that. Most licensure exams will certify you for MANY states. For example, after passing the WREBS, you are licensed to practice in something like 30 states.

No, you are not licensed to practice in "something like 30 states." You have to apply for a state license in each individual state in which you practice. Passing a regional board like the WREBs only allows you to apply for the license. It gets really time consuming and expensive to apply to multiple states, but it's required if you want to go to another state.
Not trying to sound snarky, just wanted to clarify. Carry on...

Reactions: 2 users
Dude, I keep seeing you in threads with ridiculous information. What's up with that. Most licensure exams will certify you for MANY states. For example, after passing the WREBS, you are licensed to practice in something like 30 states.

Hey OP, as a dentist, you could very easily relocate to a new location say after a year, if you are tired of an area. It's not difficult to find work as an associate or in a corporate office in many parts of the country. (It's only in saturated places like L.A. where you will find that your income will be drastically lower should you use a location such as that).
So, after , for example, practicing in Washington OP can just start working in Florida? Right? No fees, no exams regardless of his/hers circumstances? OK, good to know