Optics books (besides Last Minute Optics)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

racheleye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone ever read:

"The Fine Art of Prescribing Glasses Without Making a Spectacle of Yourself"

or

"Optics for Clinicians" (by Rubin)

I have already read "Last Minute Optics" but want additional clinically-useful Optics information.

I wish I could browse these two books, but they aren't available at my local bookstore. Amazon doesn't have any previews for these books.

Members don't see this ad.

I havent heard about the Rubin book, but my attending says the first one is a classic and a great read. I also came across the name and asked him about it. He said its out of print though and hard to get, and it may be old, but is a classic and every resident should read it. perhaps you can search on google books or project gutenberg or other book sites.

An international fellow recommended Borish's optics and refraction book. Again, havent seen it. I searched for it though and found that its a pretty big book, and figured didnt need that much detail.

my program director swears by Optics for Clinicians by Rubin. I love last minute optics and quite frankly never took the time out to read something else, but this book became quite popular for the rest of our residents.