SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

options for h4 visa holders in the US.

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by bdschd, Mar 2, 2007.

  1. bdschd

    bdschd 2+ Year Member

    Feb 9, 2007
    Can anyone guide on dentistry related options for H4 visa holders.I have an impressive part 1 score on boards but i got late in applying to schools.Now I need to strengthen my application for the next yr. What all can i do apart from taking the part 2 exam......Is there any way i get engaged into any research program that is paid?
    All help is appreciated.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dds_aspirant

    dds_aspirant 2+ Year Member

    Apr 15, 2006
    You could volunteer somewhere but cannot be paid. H4 is a dependent visa and so u cannot accept any monetary or any kind of benefit from research or any work you choose to do.

  4. rtvj

    rtvj Senior Member 5+ Year Member

    Jul 21, 2004
    i am on h4 visa... i observed in a clinic for 4 months. u can do the same will definitely add weight to ur application. U can also volunteer as a dental asst. in community dental clinics in ur area. A SDn member did that and was allowed to practice for the clinical tests. She also got good recommendation letters from the dentists too.
    good luck!

Share This Page