1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

options for h4 visa holders in the US.

Discussion in 'International Dental' started by bdschd, Mar 2, 2007.

1. bdschd

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Can anyone guide on dentistry related options for H4 visa holders.I have an impressive part 1 score on boards but i got late in applying to schools.Now I need to strengthen my application for the next yr. What all can i do apart from taking the part 2 exam......Is there any way i get engaged into any research program that is paid?
    All help is appreciated.
    Thankyou.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. dds_aspirant

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    You could volunteer somewhere but cannot be paid. H4 is a dependent visa and so u cannot accept any monetary or any kind of benefit from research or any work you choose to do.

4. rtvj

rtvj Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i am on h4 visa... i observed in a clinic for 4 months. u can do the same too..it will definitely add weight to ur application. U can also volunteer as a dental asst. in community dental clinics in ur area. A SDn member did that and was allowed to practice for the clinical tests. She also got good recommendation letters from the dentists too.
    good luck!