Options for international dentists?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blueborne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone..I am a dentist from India and have completed my part 1. Currently applying to dental schools for the PASS but was hoping to find some information here about options other than the 2-3 yr advanced standing programs. I have heard that it is possible to get into programs like the AEGD/ perio. I would really appreciate it if I could get any info/help on this. Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
hi, u r late for this cycle.... all deadlines r over.... try next year.... only dental public health, operative or oral biology deadlines r left ......... look on to the pass site, u will get all the info abt schools with diff prog.... nd think of these programs only if u r planning to go back to india or ur native country bcoz u need dds degree to practice in usa.

def late this year for applications but u cud try next year but I would have to tell you that there are quite a few states which give u a licence to practice if u have a 2 year residency program in a dental speciality and AEGD is accepted in even fewer states for licence purposes..

Go check teh ADA website for further details...it is called licence thru credentials