Oral Board Study Materials for sale

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Laurel123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, my good friend is doing his fellowship in Northen Cal and just passed his boards. He took the Ho course and is now selling the textbook and other stuff on ebay. Actually I checked on ebay and if you type in 'oral boards' there are like three listings for stuff to buy for oral board prep. Just passing on the info if anyone is taking it in October or just wants a jump start on studying.

My personal experience is that Board Stiff is very good (cheap at amazon!) the Ho course and materials are very good and practicing lots of mock orals!

Members don't see this ad.

pretty shady selling ho's stuff online...

why dont you just give it away... or keep it as a momento

selling it is just undermining what he is trying to do.. Just mail it to some academic department stating you are giving it to anyone who wants it since it helped you so much.. not telling you what to do but 150 bucks is not gonna make or break you.. peace

I am not selling mine! I actually like it and plan on keeping it because I am a packrat and believe I will reference it one day.

But people bought the books, I don't see how it is shady to sell people's own possessions. It would be wrong to make a copy and sell the copies (which people did for Big Blue!). But I remember when I was studying, I looked on ebay to find oral exam prep stuff, but I didn't win my auction - so I was just sharing the fact that there is good stuff to buy on ebay currently.

Members don't see this ad :)
But people bought the books, I don't see how it is shady to sell people's own possessions. .

Its not lilke you are selling your old stereo. You are selling oral board material. why would you wanna undermine someone who works as hard as him. If michael ho stopped doing what he did, there would be a huge void in the oral board review world. This guy works tirelessly to prepare the material.... I have seen him.. He goes to more conferences prolly then 95 percent of anesthesiologists... he stays up late to go over stuff with the flunkies.. all to bring you the most up to date information on oral board review.. every year he tweaks it.. after watching him at work for several courses... i dont have a problem with him making money because i think he provides a invaluable service...

Dude, you really had a hard time with the orals...

nope. I just wanted to do well and pass the thing the first time easily which i did. so i invested time and MONEY and energey So i took a bunch of Ho courses and watchedhim and spent time with him(among many other students) talking about clinical stuff. and talked to him about his business.. You can imagine the thought provoking questions people ask in those courses. He doesnt know the answer. He writes them down on a piece of paper looks up the answer and puts them in next years notes textbook.

Its not lilke you are selling your old stereo. You are selling oral board material. why would you wanna undermine someone who works as hard as him.

I don't care how hard the guy works.

If he sells a book, and I buy it, it's mine. I'm free to read it, burn it, make a paper mache Ho idol out of it, give it away, loan it to friends, or sell it for whatever some other person is willing to pay for it.

Nice guy or not, he doesn't get to tell me what to do with my stuff.

We've had this debate before, so I won't repost my arguments.

I don't care how hard the guy works.

If he sells a book, and I buy it, it's mine. I'm free to read it, burn it, make a paper mache Ho idol out of it, give it away, loan it to friends, or sell it for whatever some other person is willing to pay for it.

before, so I won't repost my arguments.

whatever dude!!.. knock yourself out!!!