• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Armydoctobe

10+ Year Member
Dec 27, 2008
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I realize that oral maxillofacial surgery is very competitive. I wondered, though, do you feel it is more competitive to get into in the military or out of the military?

umkcdds

Army OMS
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Status
right out of school? easier to get in if you are not in the army.

----------------------------------
edit:
i don't have any statistics or proof of this. it's just my guess.

krmower

10+ Year Member
Jul 23, 2008
Status
Dentist
I realize that oral maxillofacial surgery is very competitive. I wondered, though, do you feel it is more competitive to get into in the military or out of the military?
I think it's easier in. I gave my reasons why in the Army questions under your initial post.

umkcdds

Army OMS
10+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
Status
I think it's easier in. I gave my reasons why in the Army questions under your initial post.

i just read that he was already a physician. as long as he has decent board scores, i would think it would be fairly easy for him to get in either way!

About the Ads