oral path and dental anatomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jojohygienist

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
While I'm on hold with AADSAS I will ask what you guys think. I put my Dental Anatomy, oral pathology classes I took while in Dental Hygiene school under Biology. But not sure if that is where they belong since the it says (DENT Dept) next to it. Who would have already taken these classes anyway besides dental students? Isn't that what we are taking once we get in? I could be just totally missing the picture so if anyone of you have any advice please chime in.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw that too! But since I am a re-applicant, my coursework has to stay as is which I listed those courses under "other science". If I could place then in Biology that would be very beneficial to me. But I called AADSAS today and they pretty much told me that they understood my frustration but they cant change my coursework. I think it is so unfair!

I saw that too! But since I am a re-applicant, my coursework has to stay as is which I listed those courses under "other science". If I could place then in Biology that would be very beneficial to me. But I called AADSAS today and they pretty much told me that they understood my frustration but they cant change my coursework. I think it is so unfair!

So let's say they go into jojohygienist's app. and she/he labeled the courses as Bio. they won't change that to "other science"?! ADEA states that dental hygiene courses are "other science", so I would be surprised if they didn't change it. But otherwise, good to know as I am applying now also, but that is really unfair to you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
After speaking with the not so nice people at AADSAS in regards to my question this is what she had to say.
Only classes prefixed with BIO can be placed in the BIO section. And that my Dental Anatomy and Oral Path class needs to go under "other science" since they are DEHY. I tried explaining to her about the (DENT Dept) classes of oral path and dental anatomy being under biology, but it was no use. Everytime I tried to explain to her she would get upset. I even called back and got the same dang person :mad:

Dentgrl2984- Did they tell you that these classes would be able to go under bio??

Has anyone else talked to them about this or a similar situation??

Thanks for you input!!!!!!!!!!!

I emailed AADSAS after speaking with someone, and he said email them about this and I said what is the difference between speaking with you and emailing....no answer.....anyways I finally got an email response and they said to email them a list of courses that I feel should be switched from "other science" to bio. So I am hoping they switch it for me, since the instructions do say DENT dept and my classes have the prefix DES, but its clearly titled dental anatomy. But in my original email I stated that I had taken dental anatomy courses as part of my dental assisting program, and when they emailed me back I would have thought they would have told me no they dont belong under bio. Ill keep you updated!