Orange or Grey box, which suggests u passed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Moealwah

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Does anyone on here know what the rumor is about the NABP NAPLEX box suggesting you passed the NAPLEX? I cant remember, but I read somewhere if the box was either orange or grey it suggests u passed. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I just wanted to say that I had only heard abt the orange/gray button theory from here...can't say it is exact 4 every case...in MS where they don't allow NAPB on-line posting...took exam on 12/27/13...registration closed on 1/2/14...i assume they took a NY break :)...button changed from gray to orange...stressed since 1/3/14 for my slow board to post b/c i wasn't sure...was hoping the "urban legend" was true in my case...just got confirmation of my results just a few minutes ago 1/7/14...i PASSED...so there may be something to this thing!!!...hope this helps someone.

Thank You JESUS!!!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
which button is it. i have all brown and grey ? which box is it, i dont remember initial color???

Last edited:
I just wanted to say that I had only heard abt the orange/gray button theory from here...can't say it is exact 4 every case...in MS where they don't allow NAPB on-line posting...took exam on 12/27/13...registration closed on 1/2/14...i assume they took a NY break :)...button changed from gray to orange...stressed since 1/3/14 for my slow board to post b/c i wasn't sure...was hoping the "urban legend" was true in my case...just got confirmation of my results just a few minutes ago 1/7/14...i PASSED...so there may be something to this thing!!!...hope this helps someone.

Thank You JESUS!!!

hey congratulations!!!
which button is it. i have all brown and grey ? which box is it, i dont remember initial color???

I passed in my second attempt. In both cases the button changed to orange.
I think the button change to orange when NABP send the score to the board

I passed in my second attempt. In both cases the button changed to orange.
I think the button change to orange when NABP send the score to the board
Hi, is it the register for NAPLEX button which is in line with register for MPJE, FPGEE etc or something else.
thank you

I live in CA where they mail you your results, my button was Orange after my status changed to registration closed and I passed so I believe it needs ot be orange. The button is the one that says schedule a NAPLEX I believe.

I live in CA where they mail you your results, my button was Orange after my status changed to registration closed and I passed so I believe it needs ot be orange. The button is the one that says schedule a NAPLEX I believe.
Thank you, all buttons in my profile are brown, I dont remember the original color.

So regarding the rumors if you passed or not if your NAPLEX button changes back to orange, I don't think it's true.

I live in a state where the score is posted online at the NABP website. When you register for the exam and when you receive your ATT, it will say "ATT Generated".

At this point onward and after you take the exam, the button will be greyed out.

When the NABP updates your profile and the exam has been scored, you will notice that instead of saying "ATT Generated", it will say "Registration Closed". Again, since I live in a state where I can check my scores online, once that message is put up, my score is ready to be reviewed.

Automatically following the "Registration Closed" statement, the buttons for the NAPLEX will be back to orange/brown/whatever color you want to call it.

If you were to fail after receiving the "Registration Closed" statement from the NABP, your button for the NAPLEX will still be orange/brown/whatever color you want to call it. You can still register for the exam even if you failed it but that the NABP will NOT give you the ATT until after 91 days.

So regarding the rumors if you passed or not if your NAPLEX button changes back to orange, I don't think it's true.

I live in a state where the score is posted online at the NABP website. When you register for the exam and when you receive your ATT, it will say "ATT Generated".

At this point onward and after you take the exam, the button will be greyed out.

When the NABP updates your profile and the exam has been scored, you will notice that instead of saying "ATT Generated", it will say "Registration Closed". Again, since I live in a state where I can check my scores online, once that message is put up, my score is ready to be reviewed.

Automatically following the "Registration Closed" statement, the buttons for the NAPLEX will be back to orange/brown/whatever color you want to call it.

If you were to fail after receiving the "Registration Closed" statement from the NABP, your button for the NAPLEX will still be orange/brown/whatever color you want to call it. You can still register for the exam even if you failed it but that the NABP will NOT give you the ATT until after 91 days.

Thank you