Orascoptic and Surgitel Oakley Loupes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjdd

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with Surgitel's oakley loupes? I currently have orascoptic 2.5x Flak jackets and would like to increase my magnification. However, orascoptic will not put higher magnification on their oakley frames. However, I noticed Surgitel will put prismatic loupes of higher mag on theirs. Are they a good company? Are the higher mags on the oakelys a problem? Kinda frustrated with Orascoptic at the moment...

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have experience with Surgitel's oakley loupes? I currently have orascoptic 2.5x Flak jackets and would like to increase my magnification. However, orascoptic will not put higher magnification on their oakley frames. However, I noticed Surgitel will put prismatic loupes of higher mag on theirs. Are they a good company? Are the higher mags on the oakelys a problem? Kinda frustrated with Orascoptic at the moment...

In my dealings with orascoptic , I think was tired of their rep. She shows up to appointments late and would never return my phone calls. Surgitel's rep has a better rep in my dschool. productwise, I think DFV (with the yeoman frames) is the better product.

I bought a pair of Surgitel Oakley Radar 3.5x this past fall!! I went with the through-the-lense. I love them. The image is very clear, just as clear as any of my classmates' loupes that I looked through. The only downside was that it took like 6 weeks for mine to come in. My classmates got theirs between 1-3 weeks, while only the Surgitel orders took around 6 weeks. IDK if maybe they were just backed up, or slow, etc.

But as far as the product, I'd highly recommend them!

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a pair of surgitels. It took exactly 4 weeks to arrive. I got the 3.0 micro loupes on one of their Aero 2.0 frames. Very lightweight, the lenses seem sharp but i havnt operated c them yet. For me their frames were better on my face and lighter than the oakleys.

I have the 3.0 mag Flak Jacket Oakleys in Surgitel, LOVE THEM! And I love surgitels light too, its awesome...in my opinion, its the best light out there. Just my opinion.

I have the 3.0 mag Flak Jacket Oakleys in Surgitel, LOVE THEM! And I love surgitels light too, its awesome...in my opinion, its the best light out there. Just my opinion.
i have the same set up, agree with what you said.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for all the replies! I will set up an appointment with the surgitel rep. Any advice about their upper mag loupes? I see some of you have the 3.0 and others 3.5.