Order of things: Achiever or Top Score first?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

THINKOFMYFUTURE

Geriatric Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
I got 3 weeks to the big date. For those of you who have used both Achiever and Topscore, any recommendations as to which one I should take first?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm using topscore first because I hear it's harder. So, I'll see what I'm missing. I'm going to do achiever next to boost my confidence and work on timing.

I just went through a Gen Chem. and Bio test on Topscore and got about 50% on both without studying anything yet just to get a feel for the types of questions and to see where I'm at right now. My question is how similar is Topscore compared to the DAT in terms of difficulty?

I took all of TopScore and some of Achiever. I think TopScore was better overall. They both have their quirks. They are about equal, but TopScore is my preference. Use them more as a guide of what to learn or to practice doing problems in a similar situtation to the test, because the scores do not necessarily correlate at all with what you will get on the real test.

I have heard topscore is more realistic and achiever is overkill

I found topscore to be more realistic than kaplan (atleast in bio section)

I would use topscore first, or maybe do 1 topscore and 1 achiever and go back and forth..simply so you dont get upset if you end up doing poorly with achiever after using topscore