1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Oregon Applicants and OHSU...bad state to be a pre-med student?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by codeguy, May 8, 2001.

1. codeguy

codeguy Member
    7+ Year Member

I am an Oregon Resident with a Comp Sci. degree preparing to take my med pre-req's.

I was looking at the various acceptance rates on the U.S News site and noticed OHSU takes quite a few out of state students(1/3 of it's class). In addition, I noticed they have some of the highest in-state/out-of-state tuition at $15k+/32k+! :eek:

I would love some feedback from Oregon residents and non residents about their experiences? Did you apply to OHSU? Did you apply to other out of state schools?

Should I leave Oregon? I plan on returning to Oregon after I finish my schooling to practice.

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. CT

CT Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm an OR resident and would like to hear someone's answer to this too. Maybe posting the question in the Everyone forum would help.

4. GeoLeoX

GeoLeoX Ancient
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Since I haven't seen anyone else post as an OHSU student, I will respond. I am finishing up my first year here. I was an Oregon resident when I applied and a large number of people in my class are from CA, UT, & MT. The majority are from OR. I would recommend that anyone interested in practicing in OR at least try to apply to OHSU. As a resident you know that things are a little different here and those differences (medical marijuana, OHP, right-to-die, etc.) are addressed in the curriculum.

I have to get back to class, but if there are any specific qs that I can answer please post.

Geo