Oregon Applicants and OHSU...bad state to be a pre-med student?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

codeguy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an Oregon Resident with a Comp Sci. degree preparing to take my med pre-req's.

I was looking at the various acceptance rates on the U.S News site and noticed OHSU takes quite a few out of state students(1/3 of it's class). In addition, I noticed they have some of the highest in-state/out-of-state tuition at $15k+/32k+! :eek:

I would love some feedback from Oregon residents and non residents about their experiences? Did you apply to OHSU? Did you apply to other out of state schools?

Should I leave Oregon? I plan on returning to Oregon after I finish my schooling to practice.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm an OR resident and would like to hear someone's answer to this too. Maybe posting the question in the Everyone forum would help.

Since I haven't seen anyone else post as an OHSU student, I will respond. I am finishing up my first year here. I was an Oregon resident when I applied and a large number of people in my class are from CA, UT, & MT. The majority are from OR. I would recommend that anyone interested in practicing in OR at least try to apply to OHSU. As a resident you know that things are a little different here and those differences (medical marijuana, OHP, right-to-die, etc.) are addressed in the curriculum.

I have to get back to class, but if there are any specific qs that I can answer please post.

Geo