Oregon Health Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Weebs

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here applied there? When did you apply? What kind of stats do you have? Have you gotten an interview? How long did it take to find out your app was complete? Do they seem to act kind of slow to you? Any info about your application process with them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Weebs

Members don't see this ad.

dhoonlee said:
Try taking a look at mdapplicants.com. The information you seek is all there (except for the how long did it take... etc).

That site is whack and not realistic. I want to hear real stories, not a bunch of stats from overachievers who are the only ones who post on there. Thanks for trying to help, but that wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Weebs

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr. Weebs said:
Has anyone here applied there? When did you apply? What kind of stats do you have? Have you gotten an interview? How long did it take to find out your app was complete? Do they seem to act kind of slow to you? Any info about your application process with them would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Weebs

Hi weebs-
I applied and just heard from them a few days ago (I'm MCAT 31/GPA 3.8). Yeah, they are kind of slow, but once they finally contact you (which I really really hope they do!!), they're really nice!! no worries, i think they are JUST starting to contact people for interviews.

I applied. They are quite slow, but very helpful if you call. I've been complete for over a month, and haven't heard a word back yet. I'm hoping for an interview, as it's my #1 choice (i'm an OR resident).

Stats can be found in my mdapplicants.com profile (click link in signature). I'm not an overachiever at all, so my stats shouldn't scare you.

Is it too late for a secondary from Oregon? and do they screen b4 sending an app.?

OHSU does screen before sending secondaries, I'm pretty sure. When you got the paper invite to submit the online secondary, it should have had a deadline printed on it. I applied as an Oregon resident (32 MCAT/3.75 GPA), I just submitted my secondary last week so I haven't heard anything yet. They seem perhaps a bit more random in who they interview/accept than many state schools, you can find numerous stories from OR residents with good MCAT/GPA who get into high-ranked out of state schools but not even an interview at OHSU, and people with avg. to below avg. numbers who get in there (someone I know in this year's entering class had a 27 MCAT). They are taking more and more non-residents, which may have something to do with the lack of predictablility. Good luck if you decide to apply!

Woohoo mistress!!! 32 ehh? niiiiice.

indo said:
Woohoo mistress!!! 32 ehh? niiiiice.

Thanks indo! I pm'd you.

Mistress, our stats are nearly identical, and I received an interview out-of-state. I hope you get one! :)

Mistress S said:
OHSU does screen before sending secondaries, I'm pretty sure. When you got the paper invite to submit the online secondary, it should have had a deadline printed on it. I applied as an Oregon resident (32 MCAT/3.75 GPA), I just submitted my secondary last week so I haven't heard anything yet. They seem perhaps a bit more random in who they interview/accept than many state schools, you can find numerous stories from OR residents with good MCAT/GPA who get into high-ranked out of state schools but not even an interview at OHSU, and people with avg. to below avg. numbers who get in there (someone I know in this year's entering class had a 27 MCAT). They are taking more and more non-residents, which may have something to do with the lack of predictablility. Good luck if you decide to apply!

Thanks mistress. I already applied to Oregon and waiting for the secondary. I have low stats though (MCAT), so I might not even get one. I really hope I do b/c I live in BC and it would be great to be accepted in the westcoast :)

Good luck to you and hope you get an interview soon :)

Ranger47 said:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=155508
Check that post and you can hear my sad story. Surpisingly, I'm not too bitter about it, I have enough other opportunities.

wow ranegr47! I can't believe that they screen that bad! they won't even give you a chance with your great qualification! Man, and I was thinking I have a little hope! I guess not!

I wonder if they tend to interview out-of-state before in-state?